System-1m Does Not Load Plug-outs

Forum for Aira
darthvidar

System-1m Does Not Load Plug-outs

Post by darthvidar »

I recently purchased a used System-1m module, but it will not let me transfer Plug-Out synthesizers to the unit. In fact, it won't let me read or write patches from the System-1 VST app.

Here is what I am doing to try to make it work. (I have Cubase 9.5 Pro / Windows 10)

In the System-1 VST app I go to the "Settings" menu/button to select Midi Input and Output. I see from other forums that for windows I am supposed to pick "SYSTEM-1m CTRL" for both MIDI Input and Output.

When I do so, I get the error message:
"Either the PLUG-OUT SYNTHESIZER is not connected, or connected incorrectly. Check the connection"

Not sure what to do, because this is where it stops. I can use the System-1m hardware as a controller for the VST synth, except for reading/writing patches or transferring Plug-outs (such as the PROMARS or SH-101 plug-out vst/instrument).

It seems that many people are unable to get the plug-outs to work, but I don't see anybody with a solution.

Btw. I have the latest Windows drivers for the System1-m (managed automatically by Windows) and I have firmware vs 1.30 for the hardware.
darthvidar

Re: System-1m Does Not Load Plug-outs

Post by darthvidar »

Someone on another forum helped me out. I'm leaving the answer here for others.

I has to DISABLE the System-1 CTRL ports (BOTH In and Out) in my DAW audio / MIDI / routing setup. For cubase this meant going into the Port Setup https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artis ... rt%2Csetup

There I had to uncheck the System-1 items to make them "inactive". After that everything was fine. (I then created an external instrument with System-1 as the midi output).