External sequencer and TR8s latency when changing patterns

Forum for Aira
charlie360x

External sequencer and TR8s latency when changing patterns

Post by charlie360x »

Hi,

Not sure if this is a faulty unit or this works as designed but it drives me nuts... When I change patterns via MIDI using different sequencer (Octatrack) there is a short delay/lag/latency before the pattern is played. I tried various combinations (Octa as master clock, TR as master clock) with no luck. Please see the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4t86l1-m2M
Websitey

Re: External sequencer and TR8s latency when changing patter

Post by Websitey »

YES! This is happening to me as well. It doesn't really matter if TR-8s is synced via midi at all.
Whenever you change patterns while TR-8s is playing there is a slight delay at the end of the current bar, which obviously adds up if you switch patterns a few more times. Very very annoying!

Please, fix this!
NavigatorG

Re: External sequencer and TR8s latency when changing patter

Post by NavigatorG »

I have the exact same program change problem: syncing from the MPC live, there's a delay when changing patterns. mostly the TR8s even skips the first beat..
MiiKei

Re: External sequencer and TR8s latency when changing patterns

Post by MiiKei »

Same here, very disapointed and we can't change variations thru midi! AND I DONT CARE ABOUT FM!!!! I JUST WANTED A PROPER RYTHM BOX!!! I'm done with the TR-8S, gonna sell it right away! BEHRINGER RD-8 MKII IM COMIN!!! BYE BYE ROLAND !!!
isaac.null.void

Post by isaac.null.void »

can you record program change messages from octatrack in another sequencer?

I can't figure out how to get MC707 to send program change messages, but i get it to work from octatrack.
isaac.null.void

Post by isaac.null.void »

charlie360x wrote: 19:05, 8 May 2019 Hi,

Not sure if this is a faulty unit or this works as designed but it drives me nuts... When I change patterns via MIDI using different sequencer (Octatrack) there is a short delay/lag/latency before the pattern is played. I tried various combinations (Octa as master clock, TR as master clock) with no luck. Please see the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4t86l1-m2M
The Octatrack is known to have some issues with this, check Elektron forums, I'm trying to figure out how to do program change with mc707 to tr8s, will let you know when i can figure it out, if there's lag as well...
Knoobs

Post by Knoobs »

I have registered my device in roland's website and i have started a repair ticket with this error.
The more people do this, the more chance we have for a potential solution.
It is so frustrating lol. Roland flagship with critical function bug ... :(
darkatek

Post by darkatek »

Hi guys, I´ve uploaded a video showing this problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w7X60I_WA4
Nzk2

Post by Nzk2 »

Hello. Are you changing variations by MIDI?
What is the midi function to do it?
Thank you