System 1 plug-puts and sound lib

Forum for Aira
Slacknote

System 1 plug-puts and sound lib

Post by Slacknote »

I seem to have managed to lay my hands on a second hand model. So far so good, but now I have a couple of questions.
Why does the sound lib not show System 1?
https://aira.roland.com/soundlibrary/
Where can I find a list of all the plug-outs that are available for the System 1?
How does the Roland Cloud fit into all this?
I'm sorry for all these questions, I'm new to Roland... ish
Truth be told: I used to rock a Cube 100 when I played bass in bands in the 80s and I've owned an RD250s and two D20s.

Thanks!

Robert
pacific202

Re: System 1 plug-puts and sound lib

Post by pacific202 »

I believe that the plug-outs are all connected to Roland Cloud now. I've been very happy with that product for years now, the plugins are top-notch and I bought a System-1m when I realized that I essentially own all plug-outs through my subscription, no additional cost.

Before starting, make sure that your firmware is the latest, I noticed that the update notes refer to plug-out compatibility when I last looked.

To connect your synth you first need to install the Windows/Mac drivers. This essentially creates two MIDI ports in your computer - the first is for normal MIDI communication and the second is for sending the plug-outs.

This is what Roland Support sent me as the instructions for sending a plug-out (I wish it was better documented somewhere, maybe I'll do a youtube video when I get time)

Click the SETTING button in the System-1 UI window.
Choose "SYSTEM-1 CTRL" for both MIDI CTRL Input and Output.
This needs to be done for each plug-out enabled instrument.
SYSTEM-1 CTRL port (is dedicated to PLUG-OUT control) must be disabled on your DAW MIDI settings.
Tekbehr

Post by Tekbehr »

There are several Plug-outs for the System-1 and System-1m synths. These Plug-outs are all monophonic, and will also work in the System-8 synth - keep in mind the Plug-outs will only be monophonic on the System-8 even though this synth is up to 8 voice polyphonic.

The Roland System-1 and System-1m synths have the following Plug-outs available:

SH-101
ProMars
SH-2
System-100

These are each monophonic synths,
plus the System-1 which is 4 voice polyphonic.
Peteg22

Post by Peteg22 »

Hi, can you help me understand the midi with my system 1. I have this connected to ableton, I would like to record automation of the controls on the hardware using the VST, is this possible without mapping each knob / slider individually. I can record modulation in clip view no problem but I want to use the hardware once I have the track arranged to control the filter env etc.

Thanks Pete