How can i replace the internal samples on the TR-8s

Forum for Aira
Faser3033

How can i replace the internal samples on the TR-8s

Post by Faser3033 »

Hello all blessing to you all.

Some of the sounds in the tr8s are just what i want but some samples are horrible like all of the hits and vocals i would much rather delete some of those internal sounds and replace them with my own sounds like simple notes, stabs, basses and vocals.

But after using it for a while i can only load my user samples into flash memory which only holds 400 samples max. Which is 20mb thats is stupidly low.

Can you delete some internal sounds to increase the amount of user samples i can upload into the box permenantly.

The only method i found on the internet was:

"
Seems like the most efficient method of managing samples like this is to build a kit, then export the kit, delete the samples, then re-import the kit, backup. I wish there was an easier way to manage memory or build kits outside of the tr-8s."

But i did this and all it does it copy the kits and no samples when it says "delete the samples" i did and reimported the kits but the samples are still deleted wtf.

All i wanna do is replace the onboard samples with my own

Why is this so fucking hard and only limited to 20mb of memory or 400 samples?

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Aaron
GMayle

Re: How can i replace the internal samples on the TR-8s

Post by GMayle »

To the best of my knowledge you can't delete the onboard samples, as you can on the Electribe 2. You are limited by the number of samples but you can use the memory more effectively if you make sure all your samples are mono, and that the samples are 'topped and tailed' with no spaces etc.

I have multiple TR8s setups. One with vintage kits, one with modern kits, one with the factory default, one just for the Volca Drum samples. You can use the backup and restore in the utility menu to make (and name) the current setup, then make a new config with 400 different samples etc. It takes only about 5 mins to change to a different setup, but REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE CURRENT CONFIG BEFORE CHANGING TO A DIFFERENT ONE, takes only 2 minutes. By this method, your TR8s can have as many different personalities as you want it to have. Hope this helps.
isaac.null.void

Post by isaac.null.void »

it's a drum machine, what in the hell are people doing with tones and vocals?

don't you have a DAW or sampler or something for vocals?

they made the tr8s to be a great drum machine, and there are EASILY good enuf samples on board to fill up all 11 faders.

i would like to hear what bizzare noise you make that the onboard sounds aren't good enuf, link to your music?
isaac.null.void

Post by isaac.null.void »

if you bought this for a drum machine, and you can't get endless creative stuff out of just the FM tones, i doubt it's the sounds that are holding you back, friend.