Roland TR-8S - Can anyone create this pattern?

Forum for Aira
RaidenKnight

Roland TR-8S - Can anyone create this pattern?

Post by RaidenKnight »

Hi

Back in 1989 I went to a live show with some friends at Brixton Academy to bring in the New Year to 1990, what a night we all had.

One of the artists was Adamski I will never forget the set he did, I instantly fell in love with the sound of the Roland TR-909, at least the way he was using it and his drum patterns, even though at the time I didn't know what he was using or what a TR-909 was.

Recently a friend who came with me sent me a link to the event on YouTube and its taken me right back to this amazing night.

Looking up the TR-909 I very quickly realised I have no chance of finding one without spending silly money, instead I have purchased a Roland TR-8S hoping to be able to create the sound and pattern that I love so much from the main beat from this live set, which incidentally was on pretty much every track of his Live and Direct album.

However I am stuck, whatever is happening with the open and closed Hi-Hats I just cant figure out how to produce the same sound.

So I am hoping one of you talented people with a far more extensive knowledge of the Roland TR-8S would be able to create a couple of patterns for me and of course I am willing to pay you very generously for your time.

Here are some examples of what I would love to have in my Roland TR-8S.

https://youtu.be/YheYEOdhg7Q

05:50 to 08:05 (Those hats sound awesome, how does he get the louder chingy sound playing at the same time as the other one)

Here is another example taken from one of the tracks on his Live and Direct Album

https://youtu.be/iWPG6-zBqu0

0:30s in. (I just love this beat)

At 02:17 he separates the HiHats and brings them in one by one but I really don't know what he using for the second sound from the TR-909.

If anyone is up for the challenge you would make a getting old Techno Head extremely happy and I am deadly serious about compensating you generously.

Thank you in advance

Raiden