TR-8: 7x7 alternate drum colour glitch

Forum for Aira
bloma

TR-8: 7x7 alternate drum colour glitch

Post by bloma »

Hey all,

I recently bought a second hand TR-8 with the 7x7/606 expansion. This is actually my second one that I've owned (sold it and regretted it).

There's a bug with the colour of the step when you use an alternate sound from a 7x7 instrument. You hold the instrument button (eg. SD) and input a step, and it should turn pink to show that you're using the alternate sound. The alternate sound does actually play, but the step just shows a dimmer red colour, the same as when you use a softer hit on any non 7x7 instrument.

I tried a different colour scheme, and for example on the 6th one (Magenta / Purple /Pink / White), it changes to purple, where I believe it should change to magenta.

I've tried factory resetting it and that didn't fix it. I know it's a minor bug but I really like the way it changes the colour. I was thinking if there's a way to roll it back to the original firmware and then update it again, but I'm concerned I'll lose the 7x7 expansion in the process, because it already came on it when I bought it second hand.

I've already contacted Roland, haven't heard back yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.