System 1 Program Change

Forum for Aira
losgatos

System 1 Program Change

Post by losgatos »

I have an offer for a System 1m but given my previous encounters with "program change" issues I am skeptical. The original MIDI implementation leaflet for the System 1 states that only "0-7" are received presumably because the original firmware only had 8 preset slots/buttons. I cannot find anywhere how the updated System 1 with 64 slots does program change via MIDI. Is it just 0-63 now? Is it some kind of bank change and then 0-7 again? There seems to be ZERO information on this on all the Roland sites/forums I've been able to track down. Does anyone here actually have an updated System 1 or System 1m and knows for sure how program change is supposed to be done now?
losgatos

Re: System 1 Program Change

Post by losgatos »

Wow, 50+ people read this and there's not a single person who owns a System 1 and has used program change? I think I may have to skip this one. :-O
losgatos

Re: System 1 Program Change

Post by losgatos »

For "future me" or whoever else wants to know down the line: It's the bank change LSB 0-7 followed by the program change 0-7 to select one of the 64 patches in the v1.2+ SYSTEM-1m firmware.