S-1 Tweak v1.02 Pattern Record problem

Forum for Aira
SMJ

S-1 Tweak v1.02 Pattern Record problem

Post by SMJ »

I have just got a new S-1 upgraded to v1.02 and things were fine until I tried to write new pattern motion to a spare Pattern slot.

Process as follows with the S-1 in standalone use (not connected via USB etc).

1. Select empty Pattern
2. Play + Rec to enter real-time Note sequence.
3. Continue adding Motion in Rec mode.

After adding Filter>Frequency Motion (only 1-2 seconds worth of gentle tweaking) the audio soon breaks up and the Motion data starts to get corrupted and eventually becomes a mess. The buffer does not indicate full at any time.

I am experienced enough to know that what I'm hearing is not the effect of the oscillator audio distorting but problems with the CC information that's being written to the Pattern memory - it sounds as if the S-1 is trying to playback the existing Pattern CC and the 'live' data simultaneously without overwriting or updating the memory slots correctly. If you remember the days of MIDI Local ON/OFF problems with mixing desks and automated faders you'll get the idea.

Playing the back the Pattern produces a wonderful rendition of the corrupted Motion. If I Shift>Clear>Motion the oscillator tone returns to normal but obviously losing the tweaks. Record again and the problem is back again within a few seconds. This seems to be restricted to Filter>Freq CC messages as all the other controls seem OK, but I haven't investigated fully. Also, the LED display indication does not jump around but smoothly transitions across the range of values.

The problem also happens if I control the S-1 over MIDI, so it's probably not a hardware fault with the Filter>Freq rotary encoder. The CC values coming out of the S-1 over MIDI are clean too. I'm thinking there is a software bug somewhere in the Pattern record routine.

I would like to revert to v1.01 but cannot find the earlier firmware anywhere to see if it is a software problem.

Anyone else come across this problem? Do I have a faulty unit?
pictocompany

Re: S-1 Tweak v1.02 Pattern Record problem

Post by pictocompany »

Hello, I confirm your issue with my S-1 unit.
1st loop = record is ok
second loop = pb appears