Roland JDxa

Forum for the JD-XA.
richardbates1

Re: Roland JDxa

Post by richardbates1 »

RayS wrote:Hi Richard, hard to explain, but maybe it has to do with the Polyphony or number of voices. The JP80 to me seems it had more richness or fullness and the sound just seems to surround you..as does the DSI Prophet 12 compared to the Pro2. The prophet 12 has no sequencer though! The more I play it though , the more it grows on you.
Thanks for explaining, I definitely will not get rid of my JP80.
Looking forward to getting the JDXA if anything just for all the front panel controls not to mention the analog addition and the sequencer.
RayS

Post by RayS »

Yeah, thats a good idea, BTW the manual is very basic..17 pages, now I am trying to figure out if its possible to add the Roland Supernatural Sounds from the Axial site.. Anyone have a clue?
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

RayS wrote:Yeah, thats a good idea, BTW the manual is very basic..17 pages, now I am trying to figure out if its possible to add the Roland Supernatural Sounds from the Axial site.. Anyone have a clue?
The JD-Xi manual is also tiny, only 15 pages. But then they released the Supplementary Manual, Parameter Guide (the real meat, 51 pages), Waveform List, Errata and a MIDI Implementation guide.

The Xi has just the one (awful) sound collection on Axial. Hopefully there's more to come and they'll be compatible with the XA as well. The Xi Supplement is the only doc to point to Axial, so hopefully the XA Manual, Parameter Guide and (if needed) Supplement will be available soon. I think I want the XA, but until I see the manual I won't place an order. Not that I have the cash yet, anyway!