Importing JD-XA Axial Website Sounds

Forum for the JD-XA.
RayS

Importing JD-XA Axial Website Sounds

Post by RayS »

Good news.. you can import the supernatural sounds.. including the TB303 Beats.. from the Roland Axial website to the JD-XA..as I have done a few. See the manual page 7. Heres How.
You first format the USB stick on the JD-XA, then put the files(.SVD) you downloaded ..& want to import into the "Import" folder of the USB stick. Insert the stick in the JD-XA, Hold the SHift and hit Copy(Bank) button. Move the arrow button to "Tone" and enter it into 1 of the 4 Digital Part buttons that will be flashing. Once entered the sound will be played on the keyboard..but remember to "write" it to the program and save it to a Bank destination. I am liking this JD-XA more and more everyday.

I havent found a way to just load the sound directly into a Bank yet.
Attachments
manual.jpg
manual.jpg (635.39 KiB) Viewed 4196 times
JD Knight

Re: Importing JD-XA Axial Website Sounds

Post by JD Knight »

I guess you all know this already:
you can directly send the AXIAL patches into the JD-XA via the small "temporary" buttons on the left side of the librerian. This will not override any patch (if you want to be 100% safe, use a blank or unneeded program), but from there you can store it to an empty program slot.

your method is also good to make an USB stick full of AXIAL patches.
JD Knight

Post by JD Knight »

RayS wrote:I am liking this JD-XA more and more everyday.

+1

a friend visited me today. He has a lot of great synths, incl PPG 2.0, Odyssey MK I, OBX, Formant and .com modular, but he really liked the JD-XA also a lot. This is what he said:

- sounds like SH series ( he said this after hearing the raw osc for about 3 seconds )
- very sweet, pleasing sound, regarding the analog part he said, sounds like a mix of SH, Juno and Jupiter 6 ;)
- very fast to program, even patches one would have to stack 2 or 3 other synths for
( and he was speaking about patches made just with 1 analog osc )
- very good to place in the mix

i felt quite happy to hear this ;)

he also quickly programmed a few great sounds for me,
like deep / dubby pads and chords and very cool short sounds.
such a versatile synth...
dorsey

Post by dorsey »

Anyone know how to load the integra sets on axial site to the jdxa?
There is only one file name in the sounds folder and when I put it in the bank folder on my memory stick and load from usb on jd-xa, its just an initial patch....

Thanks!
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

dorsey wrote:Anyone know how to load the integra sets on axial site to the jdxa?
There is only one file name in the sounds folder and when I put it in the bank folder on my memory stick and load from usb on jd-xa, its just an initial patch....

Thanks!
The Axial sounds come with this readme file..

1. Plug the USB memory into the PC.
2. Open the USB memory, and select "ROLAND" -> "JD-XA" -> "PROGRAM".
3. Open one of the folders ("A" -- "P") where you want to store the programs.
4. Copy all SVD files and SVQ files (16 files each) to the designated folder where you selected. You can find SVD files and SVQ files in the PROGRAM folder you downloaded.
5. Plug the USB memory into the Memory Port of JD-XA.
6. Press [USB Memory] button.
7. Press [Bank] button, press one of the [A] -- [P] button corresponding the folder name you stored the programs on your USB memory.

+ How to format the USB memory on the JD-XA (USB MEM FORMAT)

* Never turn off the power or disconnect the USB memory while the LCD indicates "Executing".
* Insert carefully the USB memory into USB Memory port firmly till the end, paying attention to the right direction and top/buttom side of the USB memory.
* If the USB memory contains important data that you've created, be aware that all of this data will be lost when you execute this operation.

1. Plug the USB memory into the USB MEMORY port of your JD-XA.
2. Press [Menu] button
3. Choose "UTILITY" using the cursor and press [Enter].
4. Choose "USB MEM FORMAT" using cursor and press [Enter].
The LCD shows the message requesting your confirmation. Press [Exit] in case you cancel formatting the USB memory.
5. Press [Enter] to execute formatting. LCD shows "Completed!" when formatting is finished.
dorsey

Post by dorsey »

Thanks! I can get the jd-xa patches to load fine.
I was under the impression that the integer patches would work as well?
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

dorsey wrote:Thanks! I can get the jd-xa patches to load fine.
I was under the impression that the integer patches would work as well?
I believe they do. I've only pulled them in via the Librarian though. They load, and put everything into a single digital part. There a video floating around that showed how to do it.. but again - it used the Librarian.