New Front Panel Overlay coming for JD-XA

Forum for the JD-XA.
trrstrl

Re: New Front Panel Overlay coming for JD-XA

Post by trrstrl »

For those that have received their overlay, does it ship in an envelope or a box? I'm a little surprised I haven't seen it yet.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

trrstrl wrote:For those that have received their overlay, does it ship in an envelope or a box? I'm a little surprised I haven't seen it yet.
Mine arrived in an envelope in my mailbox.
It took it awhile to arrive, I think Synthgraphics sends the panels off through a satellite postal hub that doesn't register with the tracking number for a few days before it gets to a major hub......so be patient it will arrive.
JDBoy

Post by JDBoy »

While I'm happy (so far) with my glossy originals, as I'm not a fan of the white text on these and the Roland new panels, I do think the Synthgraphics panels look nicer than the new Roland ones. The Jupiter style looks cool and is still RED. Roland missed a trick there.

Also, someone should do screen printed aluminum REPLACEMENT (not stick on covers) panels. You could prize the old ones off hopefully eithe from inside somewhere or with a small tool, depends if they are just stuck on with tape or something more hardy, then pop in the new panels. black metal like the XA's bars, with RED legends as original = best looking JDXA ever :)

Also would be a good time to reduce the starkness of those sequencer pattern lines which do look scruffy on the panel. They should have been red too imo they stand out like a sore thumb
trrstrl

Post by trrstrl »

@richardbates1: At what point during your wait did you get some sort of confirmation about your order and or tracking number info?
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

trrstrl wrote:@richardbates1: At what point during your wait did you get some sort of confirmation about your order and or tracking number info?
Once Synthgraphics said he had shipped it (and that was after 6 weeks of trying to get him to respond), it took about a week before the tracking number was sent and showed it's status after shipment.
I had also emailed him about 5 times before he responded.

From my experience with him is that he is just on his own time frame (which frustrated the hell out me) but he is honest and NOT a rip off artist. So just keep emailing him and trying to get him to contact you back but also keep posting on Roland Clan he does read the post every so often, have to be very very patient.

I personally got angry a number of times with him for not responding.....but
for me it was worth the wait. I probably will never do business with him again though!

Richard
blewis_13

Post by blewis_13 »

Yeah, I'm starting to get annoyed.

My check cleared 23 days ago. The day after my check cleared he stated here that he had 12 left. I've sent two e-mails: one after 2 weeks and one yesterday. No response. No tracking number. Notta.

Glad to hear he's not a scammer. 6 weeks will annoy the crap out of me.

I feel like I'm waiting on my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring...

Brandon

p.s. Yes, this is my first post. I joined here to figure out what the heck is going on with he overlay order.
trrstrl

Post by trrstrl »

Thanks for the reply! I also ordered thinking there were overlays available (after asking the question). I'm not sure if he intends to make more after selling through the second batch. I don't want to wait for a long time only to be told that I won't be getting one. A little communication of some sort would be nice.
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

Jamie is a nice guy.. but awful with communications. I think the posts that Roland will be providing a free overlay to new owners, with proof of purchase in September - is going to hurt his business. ( https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... st11995532 ) . Of course you can't always believe everything you read on the internet. I cancelled my order after.. waiting... impatiently for an email response, then in a bad move... filed a PayPal dispute. Big mistake. Jamie would have refunded my money, but instead PayPal had to go through their formal review process. It took almost three weeks to get my money back. Again -- It would have been far quicker to go through Jamie directly, but I had run out of airspeed, altitude, and patience and pulled the trigger on the PayPal dispute. In the end - they declared in my favor and Jamie issued the refund.

Moral? Dunno... For one - DONT file a PayPal dispute. They sit on your money, and tie it up. Two - well there is no two. After not hearing back.. I cancelled my order and am hoping that Roland does provide free overlays in another month. I really didnt want to honk up Jamie's business.. but he needs to read his email.

/two cents -

Joe
blewis_13

Post by blewis_13 »

Jdoo wrote:Jamie is a nice guy..
Seemed like it in the initial e-mails. I'm sure he'll come through. I do appreciate you guys chiming in so we all have an idea of what timeframe I'm dealing with. I'll try to keep my patience.

I bought used so no new Roland overlays for me, but I think Jamie deserves props for fixing the problem in the first place. I wanted to show my appreciation by placing the order right after Roland hinted at their solution.

I just don't understand how it could take this long.

Brandon
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

My evaluation of Jamie is that he is like allot of us who are creative, artitsic and musical.....we are good with creating things but not so good on the business end. I think we can all relate to that.
24track

Post by 24track »

blewis_13 wrote:p.s. Yes, this is my first post. I joined here to figure out what the heck is going on with he overlay order.
This is my first post too, and unfortunately, it's a "buyer-beware" message about Synthgraphics.

When I was considering purchasing a JD-XA I read about the Synthgraphics overlays on this forum and decided to take the plunge because they looked so good and replaced the ugly design that Roland produced.

I ordered and paid for my overlays on April 25. Since then, I have received one email from Jamie, in June, saying that he was waiting on a part for a "cutter" and apologising for the delay.

I sent two more emails in July asking when I could expect to receive my order, but I have not received a response to either.

At this stage, more than three months since I paid for my order, I fear I have lost my money and won't ever see the overlays. I really hope to be proven wrong, but please consider if you can afford to lose the money before placing an order with Synthgraphics.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

24track wrote:
blewis_13 wrote:p.s. Yes, this is my first post. I joined here to figure out what the heck is going on with he overlay order.
This is my first post too, and unfortunately, it's a "buyer-beware" message about Synthgraphics.

When I was considering purchasing a JD-XA I read about the Synthgraphics overlays on this forum and decided to take the plunge because they looked so good and replaced the ugly design that Roland produced.

I ordered and paid for my overlays on April 25. Since then, I have received one email from Jamie, in June, saying that he was waiting on a part for a "cutter" and apologising for the delay.

I sent two more emails in July asking when I could expect to receive my order, but I have not received a response to either.

At this stage, more than three months since I paid for my order, I fear I have lost my money and won't ever see the overlays. I really hope to be proven wrong, but please consider if you can afford to lose the money before placing an order with Synthgraphics.
I feel your pain, all I can say is just keep bugging the shit out of him till he responds.
JDBoy

Post by JDBoy »

Well musical, creative and w/e he may be, but so am I an d when I sell things (ebay etc) I make sure communication to buyers is given top priority. There is nothing more important (other than health/family death) than communicating properly with someone who has given you money in good faith. He wouldn't like nor tolerate it if someone was doing it to him, I'm sure.

It's not hard to answer an email, I couldn't ignore it, I wouldn't even be able to sleep if I knew I'd left someone hanging so, sorry, but I can't respect that at all.

Anyway talking of these Roland official covers, while they are being given free to owners from new are used XA owners at least able to buy them anywhere? any idea how much they would cost? I'm all set on the glossy panel as I like it but I'm just curious if Roland would leave used owners out of the loop like that. Surely just enough to cover costs would be fair payment?
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

JDBoy wrote:Well musical, creative and w/e he may be, but so am I an d when I sell things (ebay etc) I make sure communication to buyers is given top priority. There is nothing more important (other than health/family death) than communicating properly with someone who has given you money in good faith. He wouldn't like nor tolerate it if someone was doing it to him, I'm sure.

It's not hard to answer an email, I couldn't ignore it, I wouldn't even be able to sleep if I knew I'd left someone hanging so, sorry, but I can't respect that at all.

Anyway talking of these Roland official covers, while they are being given free to owners from new are used XA owners at least able to buy them anywhere? any idea how much they would cost? I'm all set on the glossy panel as I like it but I'm just curious if Roland would leave used owners out of the loop like that. Surely just enough to cover costs would be fair payment?
Yea you are right about emailing being very very easy to do, why he is so bad about emailing I can't understand. In my emails to Jamie I kept trying to express my frustrations about that. I know personally that I will never do business again with Jamie....but I am glad that I hung in there and finally received the overlay panels, for me they were worth the wait.
As far as Roland covers I know nothing about it?
blewis_13

Post by blewis_13 »

Since he's not responding to repeated emails, my best guess is:

1) something bad happened with the second run and he's had to start over?
2) he had overwhelming orders, blew through his stock and now has too many orders to fill, but can't get another run made.

What else? On a vacation for over a month?

I'm starting to get pissed off. Sux cause fixing the glossy panel doesn't appear to be an option for me if Synthgraphics doesn't come through and Roland only offers based on new purchases. I bought mine used (before the price dropped to the bottom)

I hate speculating about this guy's reasoning on a public forum, but it would only take 5-10minutes to copy/paste a response to my emails. I should get a damn response for $135 after a month.