Xi or Xa

Forum for the JD-XA.
Synthtron

Re: Xi or Xa

Post by Synthtron »

Oh I see it, Thanks! it's in the parameter guide. I downloaded the manual but not the parameter list. In the past Roland had those patch lists either on a seperate sheet or in the manual.

I am beginning to warm up to the JD-Xi more now. I have to get used to seeing the bender and mod wheels on a Roland.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Synthtron wrote:"Sounds are saved on the JD-xi by saving a program not sounds as patches or do I have that wrong?"
I think you are right on the programs and saving edited sounds.

I pulled this info from the JDXi Operations Manual:

Saving a Sound (Program) (WRITE)
A sound that you create will change if you move the knobs or if you select
a different tone or program. It will also be lost if you power-off the JD-Xi.
When you’ve created a sound that you like, you should save it as a program.

1. Hold down the [Shift] button and press the [Menu/Write] button.
The name input screen appears.
Name: [Ent] Init Program

2. Use the Cursor [K] [J] buttons to move the cursor, and use the
Value [-] [+] buttons to select characters.

3. When you’ve specified the name, press the [Enter] button.

4. Use the Program (Pattern) Value [-] [+] buttons to select the save-destination.
*If you specify a number in which data is already saved, the
program name is shown in the lower line. Saving to this number
will overwrite the program, erasing the previous data.

5. Press the [Enter] button.
A confirmation message appears.

6. Press the [Enter] button.
A screen indicating Complete ! appears, and the data is saved.
If you decide to cancel, press the [Exit] button.

*NEVER turn the power off while you are saving settings.
Happy

Post by Happy »

[quote="Synthtron" When I started getting my own synths the D-series was out and Roland had left analog. If you waned analog you had to go used. i am so glad they have chosen finally to go this route and not just give us a monosynth like all the others available. It is nice to see Roland push the .[/quote]

Same thinking & situation here. some thoughts:

Many folks entering synths post the analog period may have LA//XV/JV and Supernaturall based products some way or another already. The trend seems to recycle, mix and matching technology blocks from the presents and the past. Examples: [1] JD/XA: Analog + Supernatual, [2] Integra: Supernatural + VX/JV)
[3] Aira: Analog + ACB Modular combined with a razor and knife based sales model (paid plug-ins).

For the JD/XA: At first sight look like a beasts, seem to sound great, Though 4 analog voices with 4 parts seems a bit overkill part wise and under-kill voice wise, besides the Supernatural parts look like heavily stripped down (4 parts only). Definitely great for those who don't have anything like SN and analog yet.

It has been long since there was a full blown Roland analog synth, and it is 10 years since last rack based sampler (Fantom/XR), So what about taking the analog part out from the XA and multiply polyphony by 3 (12 voices) and be able to chose the number of voices per part, like 3part/4poly, 2part/6poly, 4parts/3poly etc.. Add an XR based sampler Then put this mix of two technologies into a 1U/2U rack. (space saving) . Sample your own made analog patches and manipulate/playback with the 16 part / 128 sample playback, add some effect and you have a analog/sampler crossover, like a JP/XR.

Would that be a weirder concept than the JD/XA ?

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSV7PApCOWk
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Maybe a future synth release will feature more analog polyphony.