Pre-orders?

Forum for the JD-XA.
Synthtron

Pre-orders?

Post by Synthtron »

Has anyone pre-ordered the JD-Xi?
Looks like NovaMusik has the best deal in the US.
Español

Re: Pre-orders?

Post by Español »

Synthtron wrote:Has anyone pre-ordered the JD-Xi?
Looks like NovaMusik has the best deal in the US.
In Spain (Europe) is priced at € 498 ($ 540.32):
http://www.auvisa.com/productos/roland- ... 58439.aspx
In NovaMusik: $ 499.00
http://www.novamusik.com/roland-jd-xi-i ... sizer.html
I too would like to buy it, but in my country is not available until April 30.
Greetings.
cello

Post by cello »

£379 in UK (that's $560) - my local store must be expecting them to fly as they've got 29 units available!

I'm not ordering the Xi but I do have a pre-order in on the JD-XA :)
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I ended up pre-ordering the JD-Xi Last night after I posted. I will get the JD-XA when it comes available.
I was on the fence about the Xi but I saw the demo posted where you could actually edit the ADSR for Amp, filter and pitch. I am not big into monophonic but this is Roland's 1st synth to incorporate analog and with the Supernatural synth engine combined. The JD-Xi will make a nice little traveling companion.
funktree

Post by funktree »

I got one from sweetwater.com Excellent guys out here in IN.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I just ordered the JDXi, it should arrive in a month.
They are backordered, these little puppies are selling like hot cakes!
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I purchased my JD-Xi from Nova Musik, my 2nd purchase from them. They have a package deal where you get the JD-Xi, The Roland JD-Xi Carry bag, Midi cables, a USB cable, and audio cables. All for $499.00 US the same price the other retailers have it for! It was a no brainer and now I am set!
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Synthtron wrote:I purchased my JD-Xi from Nova Musik, my 2nd purchase from them. They have a package deal where you get the JD-Xi, The Roland JD-Xi Carry bag, Midi cables, a USB cable, and audio cables. All for $499.00 US the same price the other retailers have it for! It was a no brainer and now I am set!
That does sound like a good deal.
I went with AMS because of 8 payments 0 interest, April 15th and the IRS were not kind to me this year so I went with installments on the JDXi.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I hear ya. Sweetwater has great financing that I use too. I used paypal at Nova Musik to extend the payment for 6 months. Every little bit helps.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I am looking forward to playing the JDXi when it arrives but still am planning on getting the JDXA in the future.
The JDXi might be a good compliment to the JDXA since the JDXA can trigger and control the JDXi through one of it's external tracks.
I still can't believe that the JDXA does not have the drums section and half the digital polyphony but oh well the JDXi can fill that gap.
So many synths so little time!
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I do not get Roland's logic sometimes. 64 voices in the digital engine on the JD-XA makes no sense.
Anyway, I think the JD-Xi and JD-Xi compliment each other too.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Synthtron wrote:I do not get Roland's logic sometimes. 64 voices in the digital engine on the JD-XA makes no sense.
Anyway, I think the JD-Xi and JD-Xi compliment each other too.
Yea the 64 voice digital polyphony on the Flagship JDXA is a real head scratcher?
I just expected it to be twice that of the JDXi? But my guess is they were trying to keep the price down anyway they could?
funktree

Post by funktree »

I wonder why they would do this. Does not make sense. Let me try a few scenarios:

1. Effect are eating the rest of the 64 voices that are available on XI. (This is based on silly assumption that DSP power of XI = DSP power of XA).

2. Roland counts XA voices differently. Each digital can consist of up to 3 partial thus average 2 slots per note can make 64 voices polyphony.

3. Crossover concept needs extra A/D D/A conversions thus eats the DSP power and thus only 64 voices.

which one you think it is ?
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I am not sure but effects on previous models: new Jupiters, Fantoms, Jp-8000, XVs, JVs early JDs the effects Did not affect polyphony. I do not believe it is a DSP issue.

I think Roland could release another beast, a BIGGER one, down the road that could boast 8 voices of analog polyphony and 125 voices for digital.

I am a little hesitant to get the JD-XA but I love the crossover idea. I see The JD-XA is a true crossover verses the JD-Xi which runs to engines independently.

Honestly, I would have preferred Roland go all out and charge $3000 or so and get a real deep machine.
When the JD-XA was teased I was really excited but now that I no the gory details I am not the first in line to get it.

I am happy with the little JD-Xi and will probably add a JD-XA down the road but not anytime too soon.