Registering Favorites doesn't work???

Forum for the JD-XA.
sleepingangel

Registering Favorites doesn't work???

Post by sleepingangel »

Hi is anyone else having this trouble and if you haven't tried it yet could you to see if it's me or something wrong with either my keyboard or globally. I hope it's not broken already as I literally played with it for five minutes when this occurred: when i follow the instructions to assign a favorite which doesn't seem too hard to do. It says it's "registered" it but when I go to choose it or any other one I try to assign it goes to the "seq" part of the large knob (even if the favorite was in strings) and it plays the "scream" patch....very frustrating.
I shut the machine off to "reboot" so to speak but it's the same problem. In case it's user error this is what I did: I chose a digital or analog synth sound I liked held the favorite button down while pressing the first (or whatever button) and then it says it's registered but it's not....

HELP in trouble already!!
Thanks
Maria
Synthtron

Re: Registering Favorites doesn't work???

Post by Synthtron »

I have not had any problem. I have only registered two favorites just to test it.

By Chance, are you confusing Programs with Tones? The Favorites store Programs not individual tones. You have to save tones in a program and programs into the favorite slots.
sleepingangel

Re: Registering Favorites doesn't work???

Post by sleepingangel »

Okay thanks so much. I didn't realize that you can't just save sounds to favorites (like on the minonova) but it must be patterns as you said. Thanks so much. That was an easy one to solve. Unfortunately the next thing doesn't seem like it will be. I guess I will write a new post. The audio/midi going into logic express creates horrible noise from the JDXi (along with the sound so I know I've hooked everything up correctly as well as the drivers)

Oh brother
Maria