Using digital oscillators with analog filters

Forum for the JD-XA.
richardbates1

Using digital oscillators with analog filters

Post by richardbates1 »

Has anyone figured out how to have the digital oscillators routed through the analog filters?
And visa versa?
I haven't figured it out yet.
Synth Guru

Re: Using digital oscillators with analog filters

Post by Synth Guru »

Under the Aux knob press "Select" a few times until the Digital part light turns on. This makes the connection to route the signals to the oscillators and filters.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Synth Guru wrote:Under the Aux knob press "Select" a few times until the Digital part light turns on. This makes the connection to route the signals to the oscillators and filters.
Thanks for the info Synth Guru, I can get the analog to use the digital filters "I think"?, the way you described, but not understanding how to route the digital to the analog? When I am in the "Digital part" the AUX doesn't light up and I find no way to get the digital to use that analog filters?
Synth Guru

Post by Synth Guru »

Hello Richard,

You're right, in digital mode I wasn't able to get the digital part light to turn on below the Aux knob either. According to the schematic I would think that you should be able to. Additionally in digital mode It appears that OSC2 is also disabled. Perhaps you have discovered a glitch.
tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 »

If I have understood the specs correctly, the JD-XA can only route digital parts through the analog filter section, not the other way around. When you select "Digital Part" in the Aux section, you are routing the digital oscillators through the analog filters (not vice-versa). In order for this to work, an analog part must be turned on. To hear what the analog filter is doing to the digital oscillators, it helps to turn down the analog oscillators in the mixer section. One should also adjust the Aux knob to taste to get the gain structure right. Works beautifully.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

tomoe97 wrote:If I have understood the specs correctly, the JD-XA can only route digital parts through the analog filter section, not the other way around. When you select "Digital Part" in the Aux section, you are routing the digital oscillators through the analog filters (not vice-versa). In order for this to work, an analog part must be turned on. To hear what the analog filter is doing to the digital oscillators, it helps to turn down the analog oscillators in the mixer section. One should also adjust the Aux knob to taste to get the gain structure right. Works beautifully.
Wow that worked!
But you are right you can only run the digital through the analog and no the other way around.

Thanks Tomoe97

Thanks Synth Guru
cellardore

Post by cellardore »

I got this to work, but it only seems to work on the first digital part and not all of them
Coorec

Post by Coorec »

It does when you use all 4 analog parts in poly mode. Think of it like .. 4 analog parts and 4 digital parts. They are connected 1 to 1. You can not route D1 into A4 for example.