Latency issue when recording the JD-XA

Forum for the JD-XA.
Doug_Horizon

Latency issue when recording the JD-XA

Post by Doug_Horizon »

Hello all.

I am having some issues in regards to the recording latency on the JD-XA. I have tried quite a few different things such as just having the JD-XA as an audio interface, using a midi cable instead of using a usb cable and I am still getting this latency issue when recording the JD-XA.
I have attatched a screenshot which I recorded at 128 samples and it shows 2 recordings of a saw wave. The JD-XA is in green and a normal VST is in blue. The one in blue seems to have a lot better latency than the green one.

Currently I have got my JD-XA plugged into my PC via USB and I have audio cables going from my JD-XA and into the 2 front line in ports of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface.

It would be much appreciated if anyone can give me some light on this issue of how to have the JD-XA to record at the same latency rate as all my other VST"s.

Regards.

Doug Horizon :)
Attachments
The JD-XA is in green and a normal VST is in blue.
The JD-XA is in green and a normal VST is in blue.
Latency issue on the JD - XA.jpg (418.31 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
hermanis922

Re: Latency issue when recording the JD-XA

Post by hermanis922 »

Ive got same issue with my bass station synth but in other way. Synth starts playing before midi kicks in, still don't have clue how it works. I think the answer is in logic pro options
Doug_Horizon

Post by Doug_Horizon »

I have discovered the hardware buffer option in the ASIO4ALL control panel and it seemed to improve. I set it to 10ms.

Sometimes you have to untick the box and tick it again as it sometimes doesn't always work when recording but it does seem to work overall once you figure it out.
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Isn't there a driver from Roland?
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

I got worse latency using the audio over usb from the jd-xa vs using my audio interface to do the A/D conversion.
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

That's for sure.