New Front Panel Overlay coming for JD-XA

Forum for the JD-XA.
SynthGraphics

New Front Panel Overlay coming for JD-XA

Post by SynthGraphics »

Hey guys, As I posted on another thread, I will be producing a new panel overlay for the JD-XA. This will fix the readability issues along with fingerprints, glare, and scratching. These will be made like all SynthGraphics overlays with 10-mil lexan with the print on the backside, this is NOT a cheap sticker. If you have seen a Moog or DSI Prophet-08 panel this is exact same quality and materials. I have the first panel done so you can see it for reference below of how the entire design will look.

Message me to be put on the waiting list, should have these ready to start taking orders before Thankgiving. :)

http://www.synthgraphics.com/Roland_JD-XA_panel.html

cello

Re: New Overlay coming for JD-XA

Post by cello »

This look really good! I have two XAs and I might be interested but depends on price point (I appreciate it's a quality product).
richardbates1

Re: New Front Panel Overlay coming for JD-XA

Post by richardbates1 »

Jamie
Put me on the order list.
I definitely want the over-lays!
Let us know how to pre-order?
Let us know what the price will be?

Thanks!
Richard
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

richardbates1 wrote:Jamie
Put me on the order list.
I definitely want the over-lays!
Let us know how to pre-order?
Let us know what the price will be?

Thanks!
Richard
Will do! Not sure on pricing yet, will be 5-pieces total, the front panel is pretty large on the JD-XA so that will effect the cost (lexan sheets are really expensive).

Thanks!
Jamie
DWareham02

Post by DWareham02 »

I'm in for the overlay, pending the price, but that might not be an issue. I want protection for safe playing.. LOL

Sorry, just had to try out a larger font for grins...
Redrain68

Post by Redrain68 »

Very interesting!!

I think We must remove all the controls caps, apply panels and then mouth the caps, it's correct?

Thank you.
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

Redrain68 wrote:Very interesting!!

I think We must remove all the controls caps, apply panels and then mouth the caps, it's correct?

Thank you.
Just the slider caps, which come of really easy.
Redrain68

Post by Redrain68 »

SynthGraphics wrote:

Thank you.
after there is enough thickness to slide controls ?
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

Redrain68 wrote:
SynthGraphics wrote:

Thank you.
after there is enough thickness to slide controls ?
Yes, plenty of clearance. Tested fitted a piece already, so no issues with that.
DWareham02

Post by DWareham02 »

SynthGraphics wrote:Hey guys, As I posted on another thread, I will be producing a new panel overlay for the JD-XA. This will fix the readability issues along with fingerprints, glare, and scratching. These will be made like all SynthGraphics overlays with 10-mil lexan with the print on the backside, this is NOT a cheap sticker. If you have seen a Moog or DSI Prophet-08 panel this is exact same quality and materials. I have the first panel done so you can see it for reference below of how the entire design will look.

Message me to be put on the waiting list, should have these ready to start taking orders before Thankgiving. :)

I was under the impression that the "TEXT" was going to be under the controls, so that one could see the name of the control more easily. Is that still in the plan? The photo does not show that.
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

DWareham02 wrote:
SynthGraphics wrote:Hey guys, As I posted on another thread, I will be producing a new panel overlay for the JD-XA. This will fix the readability issues along with fingerprints, glare, and scratching. These will be made like all SynthGraphics overlays with 10-mil lexan with the print on the backside, this is NOT a cheap sticker. If you have seen a Moog or DSI Prophet-08 panel this is exact same quality and materials. I have the first panel done so you can see it for reference below of how the entire design will look.

I was under the impression that the "TEXT" was going to be under the controls, so that one could see the name of the control more easily. Is that still in the plan? The photo does not show that.
It will if possible, depends on spacing, that is something I can change easily before production.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

SynthGraphics wrote:
DWareham02 wrote:

It will if possible, depends on spacing, that is something I can change easily before production.
For me I think it looks good the way it is in the photo, I don't think the spacing on the front panel allows for much of the text to be at the bottom anyway.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I had a little fun placing the image that Jamie "Synthgraphics" designed/created and placed it on the JDXA panel in photoshop to see what it will look like on the synth.

I created two photos,
1 is the old look
and the 2nd is Jamie's design to see the difference in look.

1JDXAOldPanel.jpg
1JDXAOldPanel.jpg (137.63 KiB) Viewed 7035 times
2. I didn't get the image to exactly line up perspectively in photoshop to all the controls.
Not a design mistake by Synthgraphics
2JDXAnewPanel.jpg
2JDXAnewPanel.jpg (139.27 KiB) Viewed 7035 times
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

richardbates1 wrote:I had a little fun placing the image that Jamie "Synthgraphics" designed/created and placed it on the JDXA panel in photoshop to see what it will look like on the synth.

I created two photos,
1 is the old look
and the 2nd is Jamie's design to see the difference in look.

1JDXAOldPanel.jpg
2. I didn't get the image to exactly line up perspectively in photoshop to all the controls.
Not a design mistake by Synthgraphics
2JDXAnewPanel.jpg
NICE!! :)
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

It's finished! Die cut fits perfectly with a little 'wiggly room' to spare. Image does not show the bender panel, but its also done. Should have pricing by next monday (due to turkey day).

http://www.synthgraphics.com/images/JD- ... _VER_1.png

Mylar die cut test
http://www.synthgraphics.com/images/JD-XA/JD-XA_DIE.JPG