New Front Panel Overlay coming for JD-XA

Forum for the JD-XA.
HaveIt

Re: New Front Panel Overlay coming for JD-XA

Post by HaveIt »

Another thumbs up for the Roland panels. Much nicer to use the instrument now. Because they only stick on with 4 small points, they can be removed and reapplied if you're OCD. I actually was surprised they offered the panels but I guess enough people complained. Roland do listen.
analogharmony

Post by analogharmony »

I was hoping for one of those aftermarket ones that Synthgraphics made...but it sounds like he did a very limited run and he is notoriously unresponsive. I emailed Roland support and got an instant response with an overlay in the mail! We'll see if it actually arrives. I bought my JDXA used and was not required to have "proof of purchase" or any of that bullshit.

The board is next to impossible to use in dim lighting (which is about 90% of music making environments. Hard to believe that Roland designed the panel with such lack of foresight on this. Oh well...the thing sounds out of this world!!
Geoff_T

Post by Geoff_T »

Just thought i would register my interest in some synthgraphics overlays if he is considering another run.
len73

Post by len73 »

Hi there,

Just to let you know that I FINALLY got the time to install the synthgraphics overlay (Jupiter version) on my JDXa.

The result is stunning. Simply beautiful.

Was a bit anxious having to remove all faders and sliders but was really easy in the end.

The product quality is stunning. Highly recommend this version.

Len
saturn

Post by saturn »

i installed the roland overlay last week and with all the leds off i can finally see something without using a flashlight. and i can touch it without bad feelings. it also looks more expensive and overall a lot better.
baz55

Post by baz55 »

len73 wrote:The product quality is stunning. Highly recommend this version.
I wish there was a version of the Synthgraphics overlay for the JD-Xi...
len73

Post by len73 »

Same for me. This was announced during a certain time on the Synthgraphics website.

Who knows, maybe this will come this year ?