Jd Xa+Xi

Forum for the JD-XA.
Jack.S

Jd Xa+Xi

Post by Jack.S »

Today I also got the smaller xi but with the "bigger"seq, I'm gone try to run them together as god as it gets, trying somehow to compensate for the non ability to switch seq programs on the fly on the Xa

Seen some vids where the Xi pumps some good tones in conjuction with other synths but the main also in mine case was the lack of a drum machine, yes you heard right, didn't have one before..:)

If anyone have some good setup suggest please share.

Br
Jack
Asana

Re: Jd Xa+Xi

Post by Asana »

I just got a JDXi to work with my Xa. I also have MX 1 mixer. I also wanted the Xi for the drums essentially. I'll let you know what progress I make. How are you getting on with your setup ? Cheers.
Jack.S

Post by Jack.S »

I have made a set up to logic for the Xa but haven't yet tried Xi, in the coming days Im gone connect is as aggregate device including Xa,Xi and a Steinberg Ur 22 interface, what is the benefit of using the Mx 1 mixer instead of the built in effects, is it more hands on?

/Jack
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

I have both and I run my XA through an Eventide Space effects box. I use the Xi to lay down a drum track and bass track.

As good as the XA effects box is, the Space takes things to another level, plus you can double up with the XA's effects.

I'll be doing a demo video of this soon.
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

If you Midi your XA and Xi you can use alot of the knobs and sliders on the XA to effect the Xi tones and save them. Plus you can play all four parts together. Ok, you may not want to play all Parts together but you can layer part 1 and part 2, say, piano, JP Strings etc

The obvious advantage is using full keys and 49 of them. Also, if you want a quick jam and you don't want to delve into the XA. Midi the Xi and you have the more readily accessible preset sounds.

Also it's easier using the full keys to programme your drum patterns. :)