Roland Instagram Pic of White JD-XA

Forum for the JD-XA.
windsmuse

Roland Instagram Pic of White JD-XA

Post by windsmuse »

JDXA White.PNG
JDXA White.PNG (1017.47 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
See Instagram pic of White JD-XA hopefully being released with firmware & OS updates for NAMM. https://www.instagram.com/roland_us/
rsaintjohn

Re: Roland Instagram Pic of White JD-XA

Post by rsaintjohn »

Still pretty shiny (look at that glare), but better. Probably enough to finally tip me back towards the goal of getting one. White or not, hopefully a new material less prone to scratches. I'll be anxious to hear if there is an OS update, and what it adds.
JDsb7

Post by JDsb7 »

Looks better in black & red. Not keen in the way the backlights seems to bleed thru the white panel?

Yes sure the lettering is virtually unreadable on the original (out of direct sunlight), but after several hours of use I know where all the knobs are without having to try and read the poor legends.
JDBoy

Post by JDBoy »

JDsb7 wrote:Looks better in black & red. Not keen in the way the backlights seems to bleed thru the white panel?

Yes sure the lettering is virtually unreadable on the original (out of direct sunlight), but after several hours of use I know where all the knobs are without having to try and read the poor legends.
Exactly this, both points on looks (I'll often turn slider/knob LEDs off when its light enough and it looks even nicer, put them on at night/in the dark), and agreed on the controls. It's a non issue after a little use. It's pretty standard synth controls and you get used to what the multi select buttons do. I never have to read I just reach and press/slide/turn even in complete darkness.