JDXA arriving on Friday

Forum for the JD-XA.
goldphinga

JDXA arriving on Friday

Post by goldphinga »

First post here, but been a long time lurker, thanks for all your great JDXA related posts. I was lucky to work with a prototype JDXA for several months as was reviewing the JDXA for a magazine. Unfortunately I had to send it back to Roland a couple of months back but now I've just bought my own and it's arriving this Friday so pretty excited. I've really missed it which is a testament to how great the XA is.

I also hope Roland listen to this forum and JDXA users in general and bring us the updates we are all wanting to make this already great board even greater! I'm mainly going to be using the XA live initially for multiway splits and vocoding.

anyway, glad to be here and part of the clan!
All the best
Dan
DWareham02

Re: JDXA arriving on Friday

Post by DWareham02 »

Congrats.... Welcome aboard the forum.
lekanout

Post by lekanout »

Congrats!
Happy to share the XA passion with you;)
JPWC

Post by JPWC »

My JD-XA arrived yesterday. It's a beast of a synth. Only about 15% of the presets are to my liking. The keybed is actually a dream for me. It's really hard the read the captions (i've ordered the overlay, hopefully arriving soon). I am very happy with this synthesizer. I figure it will take a few weeks to create enough sounds to make this keyboard indespenceable to my musical adventures.

Congratulations, I can say, at least from my prespective, your going have a great weekend.
goldphinga

Post by goldphinga »

Congrats on getting yours too! When I had the prototype I filled it with loads of custom patches that I put on a USB stick as I had a feeling that once it went back Id have to buy one as I'd miss it! My instincts were correct! As you rightly noted, the presets are pretty poor but I think this is to encourage us guys to explore the depths of the beast!

PS Not ordered the overlay yet as I haven't seen evidence of anyone receiving theirs yet which is stopping me from ordering at the mo.

PS2 dont forget to try the vocoder- one of the best there is!
JPWC

Post by JPWC »

It is Friday! Good luck
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Finnaly Friday, the great day!
Coorec

Post by Coorec »

Welcome aboard. I totally agree on the Vocoder. It is a mjor highlight of the synth and too rarely spoken about.