editor

Forum for the JD-XA.
mpraet

editor

Post by mpraet »

Is there sommeone who makes a editor for the JDXA ??
The JDXI editor is goor but useles for the JDXA
common Roland everry flagship synth of the other brands have one
SynthGraphics

Re: editor

Post by SynthGraphics »

mpraet wrote:Is there sommeone who makes a editor for the JDXA ??
The JDXI editor is goor but useles for the JDXA
common Roland everry flagship synth of the other brands have one
YES!!!

PSI Craft is currently developing one, not sure when it's scheduled for release. I'm on the BETA tester list. From what i've been told it will allow you to freely exchange the Integra-7 sounds into the JD-XA as well, that will be handy!

Jamie
mpraet

Post by mpraet »

let us hope and pray together ;-)
mpraet

Post by mpraet »

and any news about the editor ?
ndaustin

Post by ndaustin »

BUMP - Almost another year on since the last request for editor info update...

Roland, are you interested in supporting your fans and customers? Such an excellent synth seems to have been abandoned even though it's still in production. This is a professional synth and should be treated as such.

Take a look at Moog, Nord or Kurzweil and see how support should be administered. Regular updates, downloads and communications from staff who are keen to help. Nord's librarian is amazing. Even the humble and inexpensive Novation Ultranova has a superb editor.

The JD-XA is not an easy synth to get into with it's constant button pushing to find spurious hidden parameters, and you need a microscope to read the tiny print in the manual. Some easy to follow video tutorials are also needed. Don't forget us... Roland, you need to try harder. Business is not just about making money.
memorysplice

Post by memorysplice »

Me and my partner are hoping to have one ready by the end of this month. Check out our JD-Xi version.
http://memorysplice.com/jdxi/
mpraet

Post by mpraet »

Hello boys from memory splice ,how far are ouy with the editor for the JDXA ?
memorysplice

Post by memorysplice »

Sorry for missing deadline. Life happened. We are almost done with a beta version.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Will this editor allow you to transfer Integra sounds? If that is the case then I'm all up for selling my Integra and getting the JDXA I only use the SNS sounds on the Integra anyway but with naff realtime control keep looking at the JDXA to compliment my system 8
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

skinmechanic wrote:Will this editor allow you to transfer Integra sounds? If that is the case then I'm all up for selling my Integra and getting the JDXA I only use the SNS sounds on the Integra anyway but with naff realtime control keep looking at the JDXA to compliment my system 8
I recently downloaded the Integra patches off Axial, that are JD-XA compatible (190 of them), and stuck them in this post: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=53247

It may be that's not what you're looking for, but they are all usable in 'XA programs..
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I have to admit to being a little confused by the whole editor thing.

I don't mean to disregard the work that the guys creating the editor are putting in, but isn't having all the knobs and sliders at hand kind of the reason of not using an editor? I suppose that for some effects functions it's viable but it's not like the alpha Juno, where an editor is a must. The JDXA is pretty damn hands on and an editor isn't (I believe) a must have.

What is it that you guys require an editor for? I'm real curious.
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

An editor to help dive in the Supernatural side. There are 450+ waveforms. And all I have to navigate them is -/+ buttons and whooopeey a shift button to browse by the 10's.

What the fuck were roland thinking?
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Hold down the + and - or - and + .........faster scrolling !
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

So the editor originally I wanted help with Patch management and librarian and if it converted patches from other Supernatural synths to the JDXA but I've just seen a post that the supernatural engine ignores all the realtime controls?
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

skinmechanic wrote: I've just seen a post that the supernatural engine ignores all the realtime controls?
That's not true.

You can use the modulation/pitch bend lever, aftertouch and velocity with the supernatural synth engine in the jd-xa.