White JD-XA coming?

Forum for the JD-XA.
gris

White JD-XA coming?

Post by gris »

Heard a roumor (and saw some pics) a while ago on a forum, that Roland will release a white version (like the white limited version of the JD-Xi), is this true?
cello

Re: White JD-XA coming?

Post by cello »

Definitely not true (unfortunately!) - only a couple were made (hence the photos) for Roland artists at a time that coincided with NAMM so naturally the rumour mill started! It's since been confirmed by Roland there are no plans to release a white version.
FxProject

Post by FxProject »

White edition of Jd-xa is a project for the Os-v2 !
This will be released soon ,os2 Will havé New features for JD-XA ..

Coming on june/july 2016 : System 8 , New virtual synth with ACB
JD Knight

Post by JD Knight »

FxProject wrote: This will be released soon ,os2 Will havé New features for JD-XA ..

both would be great. let's hope you're right!
F5D

Post by F5D »

FxProject wrote:White edition of Jd-xa is a project for the Os-v2 !
I hope it has a feature to copy full banks between the internal and USB memory! At the moment, only single sounds can be copied manually.
FxProject wrote:Coming on june/july 2016 : System 8 , New virtual synth with ACB
Will be interesting. I hope it will have a classical looking design that has not been ruined with glossy surface, too bright LEDs, or silly sliders from the latest mini series. Roland needs to look at their 80's and 90's designs for the proper style. The latest offerings all look a little bit weird, always something sticking to your eye as a mistake. DSI, Modal, Moog etc. are on the right track.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Not really interested in the white vs of JDXA but the 0S2 sounds interesting.
For me I hope the new OS adds more functionality to the sequencer?
I am assuming that the System 8 would be an 8 voice system? That would be nice!
Very curious on what the next ACB virtual synth will be?
Will it be another classic Roland synth or something new?
Looking forward to seeing what Roland has coming in the near future! Yippie!!!
goldphinga

Post by goldphinga »

I also had it confirmed direct from Roland that the white XA's were custom one offs and there's no plans to do a production run. But they wouldn't tell us if there was going to be a run anyway, so I think they will offer different colours at some point if the Xi is anything to go by.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I wonder if any of these predictions if true will be introduced at Musikmesse this April????
synthguy99

Post by synthguy99 »

I'm not interested in the white model either, but it would be nice to offer those who want the option.

I'm very interested though in whatever Roland is up to with their ACB technology in regard to a new Plugout System style synth. Would love to see a big Jupiter VA synth or System-8 with a five octave - or okay, four - keyboard, and all those controls available to manipulate a Jupiter synth, as well as some of those other guys. Hopefully in polysynth chordality. But in lieu of that, a JD-XA would suit me just fine.
LoboLives

Post by LoboLives »

I'd be interested in a white version so I can read the writing on the front panel easier.

Plus it would make it stand out visually from other synths.
JDBoy

Post by JDBoy »

I prefer the current version to the white ones we've seen. Black looks way more classy and cool. White is ok but a bit "loud" imo. I'm missing nothing.

Yes black is a finger print magnet but mine is clean 99% of the time. I wipe it gently with a soft microfibre cloth each day and it's as good as new almost. In a variety of lighting from soft daylight to studio lighting I see no fingerprints (I rarely rest my hands on the surface nor have need to, I go straight to the buttons and sliders) or scratches, and black and red is a nice combo to my eyes.

Also I have zero need to read any writing on the front panel, I'm serious, I looked at it the first day (which was fine btw in normal lighting without any lights above it just day light) and well it's not that complex on the front. Every button and knob and slider is a known function after a short while, I can operate it in the dark without seeing a single word. I wonder if the people saying they want to read it better own one for a while or just used on in a shop in bad lighting?

Most of the knobs/sliders are very well placed so it's kinda obvious what their function is, and the small amount of buttons inc menu buttons have become second nature to me.

I'm not sold on the synthgraphics overlay as it appears to stick up above the outer plastic very slightly so as long as I can keep it in decent condition I won't be fitting those (they do look cool though in their mini Jupiter styling though I feel the red jupiter bar gfx may clash with the leds a bit, I'd prefer the option of that style or one that mimics the original but on the lexan).

Well these are just my findings and we all differ but I honestly have no problems with this synth on that front and think it looks beautiful, especially with the LEDS mostly off (I only put them on when it gets dark in the studio and I'm programming; the rest of the time with the LEDS off it looks very slick!)