Librarian questions

Forum for the JD-XA.
bodiddly2015

Librarian questions

Post by bodiddly2015 »

Mac OS X 10.11.4, JD-XA v1.1, Librarian 1.0.

When open the program, the "Main" window shows all 256 patches, and the window has read and write all or selected. I press read all, it takes awhile. When finished, I assume I can save it, but the save button is grayed out. Is that how it supposed to work? How are you supposed to save the data? Export to midi?

Then when I load an Axial librarian library, there is no longer a row of buttons for read all, selected, write all, selected. The only way I can figure out how to transfer those patches to the JD-XA is to copy them from the axial lib (using command-C) and paste them into the main window. But when I do that, it sometimes re-inits the patches below. For example, if I paste a bunch of patches into bank P, then paste a bunch of patches into bank O, the ones in P get set to init. Squirrely.
bigmuz7

Re: Librarian questions

Post by bigmuz7 »

Welcome to a next century synth with last century synth/ librarian implementation ;)
sadomachine

Post by sadomachine »

I cant read anything from the synth into librarian, but I can write from librarian to temporary and then save on the synth....
But I cant load any Fa06 sounds at all....
cello

Post by cello »

The XA can't load FA sounds. Entirely different sound structure, waveforms etc.
synthguy99

Post by synthguy99 »

Well now, this is curious. I watched the Librarian videos, and it seems that all it's good for is organizing patches within the XA, and importing Integra patches. Is there no way to save patches other than by USB drive? I'd like to know how to organize libraries and save them to my computer when I do make the plunge.
Coorec

Post by Coorec »

I installed the librarian today. When i push read all button, it tells me that it cant connect to the XA and that i am to check chapter 6 of the manual for troubleshooting.

Sadly the manual ends at chapter 5.4...

Any idea what i could do to make it work?

(v 1.10 installed, midi chain RME raydat -> PMM88 midi patchbay -> JD-XA)
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

I had a similar problem, same error message. In my case, it was of the system settings I had set - MIDI something... I can't recall the exact one, but when I changed the to transmit all again, things started working. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it was one of the 4-5 System level MIDI settings that had me messed up...
Coorec wrote:I installed the librarian today. When i push read all button, it tells me that it cant connect to the XA and that i am to check chapter 6 of the manual for troubleshooting.

Sadly the manual ends at chapter 5.4...

Any idea what i could do to make it work?

(v 1.10 installed, midi chain RME raydat -> PMM88 midi patchbay -> JD-XA)
Coorec

Post by Coorec »

Thanks! That helped. Wouldnt have guess to look at the Xa itself for the fix.

I think Midi Soft Thru "on" and RX/TX Sys ex "on" are the settings. But not sure.
musella

Post by musella »

Hello,
I had the same problem because, the firmware was not updated.
I had the V 1.01 and the new is the V1.10 ! I have verified but with not a correct read... just a number inversion.

Now, all is working perfectly.

It's very efficient to transfer tones.