Digital sounds...

Forum for the JD-XA.
sadomachine

Digital sounds...

Post by sadomachine »

It seems like everybody loves the sound of this synth, but I must say that my old FantomX6 from -94 sounds a lot better than the crappy digital sounds off the JD-xa.
I guess if I was able to load some FA06 orchestral sounds into the Jd-xa I might be able to compare but Librarian just doesn`t work like it should....
lekanout

Re: Digital sounds...

Post by lekanout »

It seems like everybody loves the sound of this synth, but I must say that my old FantomX6 from -94 sounds a lot better than the crappy digital sounds off the JD-xa.
I had and loved my fantom X6,but the JD-XA is another world.
Congrats for being alone to find your X6 less crappy than the new JD-XA.
You need to be happy because you're alone.
We are happy to see you happy with constructive posts:)
sadomachine

Post by sadomachine »

So you really think that the digital sounds sound good?
sadomachine

Post by sadomachine »

The Analog parts of the JD-XA are fantastic, but I wanted this to also be used for more natural sounds like strings and piano, since the manual says that it can play sounds from Fa06.
Librarian is so full of bugs and is so unreliable that I havent been able to try out any Natural sounds..., The Integra sounds in Axial are all analog sounding classics that I dont need since the jdxa does that much better with the analog Engine.
lekanout

Post by lekanout »

Acoustic type waveforms are not so good in the XA because the XA isn't for that.
Digital sounds means all the supernatural synth parts,and synth waveforms to put as a partial.
And in th synth side,this sounds very good!
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

You may like the Juno-DS for more realistic sounds in a cheap package.
Coorec

Post by Coorec »

sadomachine wrote:It seems like everybody loves the sound of this synth, but I must say that my old FantomX6 from -94 sounds a lot better than the crappy digital sounds off the JD-xa.
I guess if I was able to load some FA06 orchestral sounds into the Jd-xa I might be able to compare but Librarian just doesn`t work like it should....
Fantom was built from 2004 to 2008. So you are just about ten years wrong. Lets assume your 94 was a typo.

That being said. The XA uses the very same samples the old JV/Fantom engine used. Just not all of them are available. And you can not load additional samples into it.

This is made quite clear in the specifications of the synth, which should be checked before buying.
JDBoy

Post by JDBoy »

sadomachine wrote:The Analog parts of the JD-XA are fantastic, but I wanted this to also be used for more natural sounds like strings and piano, since the manual says that it can play sounds from Fa06.
Librarian is so full of bugs and is so unreliable that I havent been able to try out any Natural sounds..., The Integra sounds in Axial are all analog sounding classics that I dont need since the jdxa does that much better with the analog Engine.
You chose the wrong synth. That's user error. You wanted a Rompler / Workstation with multi GBs of ROM memory and emulations of natural sounds. Most people buying the JD-XA understand that it is first and foremost a real synthesizer, to make synthetic/other worldly sounds along with lots of standard analog synth sounds.

My Suggestion, return this stunning *synthesizer* and buy a boring rompler, it'll make you happier no doubt.
cello

Post by cello »

I agree with the foregoing points about the XA being a synth first and foremost. The other point to make is that it is a crossover keyboard - analogue and digital.

It is worth spending time to synthesise the digital wave forms and also mix your results with the analogue capability.

If that doesn't float your boat then you may want to consider swapping it for an FA (which is an excellent rompler and digital VA).