Syncing JDXA with DAW and MX-1

Forum for the JD-XA.
bigmuz7

Syncing JDXA with DAW and MX-1

Post by bigmuz7 »

Theres no doubt the JDXA is a technical sound mastery ... with all the new patches that keep appearing I am for ever amazed at what it can do !! however .. because it transmits so many MIDI channels.. it is clearly a problem for some DAW's including Ableton which does not support multi channel play back. However there are workarounds for that, troublesome though they may be.

One of my big problems is trying to play patches on the JDXA whilst in slave mode .. in short .. any that ran the arpeggiator or sequencer wouldnt run, unless you started your DAW to give a time signal. but then ... all your tracks would be running, when in actual fact all you wanted to do was listen to your JDXA ... sure you could mute them all on the DAW, but that was a time delay to your work flow.

Recently ive integrated an MX1 into my set up and ive discovered that Roland must have some special USB code that allows the JDXA to sync, from the master clock of the DAW without it running, or at least the synth picks up a time code from the MX 1 which at least allows you to play it in all its glory, and then locks to the DAW as soon as you start that up.. without the MX 1 ... it just didnt seem to do this ?

Makes for a much better jam session without having to constantly stab buttons to make the JDXA the Master clock again to play its own patches/arpeggiators