Any way to share Programs with the 'XA?

Forum for the JD-XA.
Jdoo

Any way to share Programs with the 'XA?

Post by Jdoo »

My JDXA arrives next Thursday (yay).. In anticipation, I've started scouring through various threads, started reading the manuals, etc. It reads as though the JDXA "Program" is the functional equivalent of the FA-06' Studio Set? In FA-land, I found that it wasnt too difficult to create a 'backup', and share Studio Sets/Songs via the backups. The FA has an "Import" utility, which allows another person to take my backups and import one or more of the Studio Sets on the backup, without doing a full restore (which would overwrite everything on their FA).

Is there anything similar with the JDXA? I havent seen mention of anything less granular than importing 'parts' of a Studio Set / tone (INTEGRA-7 or FA ). Is there any backdoor to sharing an entire Program, without resorting to a backup? If backup / restore is the only option, is there some way of restoring a backup, while 'adding' to what is already on your JDXA?

Apologies if this has been asked / answered. I just havent run across a good explanation or discussion on sharing JDXA programs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question #2 :)

Is there some place that discusses best methods for connecting my FA-06 to the JDXA? I understand, there is some way of using the JDXA as a master / controller? That would be great.

Many thanks -

Joe
cello

Re: Any way to share Programs with the 'XA?

Post by cello »

Answer #1

The XA works better than the FA re saving/importing single sounds. A program is a little like a studio set in that it contains all the sounds (analog and digital along with its effects). To save it as a 'single' you simply select to save the sound to USB stick and it's done. Anyone wanting to use that sound puts into one of the import folders (A, B, C, etc) and it can be imported and saved onboard or kept on the USB stick for future reference.

Answer #2

Yes, the XA can be used a master (good because it has aftertouch) - it's somewhere in the system settings (can't remember off-hand!).
Jdoo

Re: Any way to share Programs with the 'XA?

Post by Jdoo »

Excellent. Thanks cello!

Joe
cello wrote:Answer #1

The XA works better than the FA re saving/importing single sounds. A program is a little like a studio set in that it contains all the sounds (analog and digital along with its effects). To save it as a 'single' you simply select to save the sound to USB stick and it's done. Anyone wanting to use that sound puts into one of the import folders (A, B, C, etc) and it can be imported and saved onboard or kept on the USB stick for future reference.

Answer #2

Yes, the XA can be used a master (good because it has aftertouch) - it's somewhere in the system settings (can't remember off-hand!).