Multimode?

Forum for the JD-XA.
chilloutnow

Multimode?

Post by chilloutnow »

Logic pro x, OS 10.11.5

How can I use the JD-XA in "multimode" with Logic Pro X?

I have connected the JD-XA with USB to my Mac.

Thanks for your answer
Joerg
musella

Re: Multimode?

Post by musella »

Well, I have the same question with Cubase.
But, I think it's not possible...
The JD-XA was not created to play more than one program at once !
Hope I am in mistake !

You have the solution to work un Audio tracks...
Coorec

Post by Coorec »

musella wrote:The JD-XA was not created to play more than one program at once !
Hope I am in mistake !
A program contains 8 different parts which can be on 16 different midi channels. Thus the XA is 8 part multitimbral.

Since i dont use Logic i cant help with OP's problem tho.
musella

Post by musella »

Ok, but 8 part multitimbral for 1 program or for all programs ?
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

Logic Pro 10.2.3 here.

I followed Venn Diagram's post here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=50581#p288086 and setup external instrument tracks (several) all pointing to ALL Channels. Logic handles the MIDI events / patch, etc recording to audio for the tracks. Without an AU Instrument, I am unsure how one would create a multi for Logic (thought it was a software thing?) but setting up multiple external instrument tracks works fine.

hth
Coorec

Post by Coorec »

musella wrote:Ok, but 8 part multitimbral for 1 program or for all programs ?
Program is the highest hirarchy level. EVERY multitimbral synthesizer/sampler has such a highest level which contains parts/tracks. Without it, there is no multitimbrality.

On Rolands older synth it was called performance. In the FA its called a studio set i think. On a Virus its called sequencer mode. On Yamahas its called patches (which contain voices). On Korgs Multi. If i remember correctly on Elektrons its called Program too (which contains tracks) ... you get the idea.

Unlike older synths the Xa is not layed out to be a preset synthesizer. So it doesnt allow to store parts individually as patches. Thats why people are often confused. At least i was when i started out on the XA.

As far as i know the only DAW currently able to handle multi-instruments is Presonus Studio1 V3.. However, I cant be sure about this, since i didnt try them all.