JD XA - Price drop

Forum for the JD-XA.
len73

JD XA - Price drop

Post by len73 »

Hi There,

I don't know what's happening, but I just noticed that the two major online shops in switzerland have drastically reduced the sell price of the JD XA (CHF 1799 instead of CHF 2299 just some weeks ago that's a big gap !).

At that price it seriously begins to be an interesting instrument...

Anybody knows anything about new product coming or something ?

Thank you for your feedback !
CesarsoundOne

Re: JD XA - Price drop

Post by CesarsoundOne »

finally a fair price as the previous price was a steal !!
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

I suspect it's simply that it's not selling in enough numbers, so they've lowered the price to spark interest in it.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

I think something more is going on. Are they about to introduce a new JD-XA "1.5"? Check out these new Roland videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yDEJJGipKX

...and look at the surface of the XA. New OS, new presets, bug fixes, new surface?

So perhaps dealers are clearing out the XA "1.0"
christof1971

Post by christof1971 »

Price hasn't dropped here in Australia still around the $2965.00.

Well if there is a version 2 I'm pretty sure the new presets will be on Axial Website and we should get the new OS. But I have to say I do like the matte finish in the video
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Sweetwater music just lowered their price by $300.00
All in all I am very happy with my JDXA, it has become my favorite synth in my studio.
HaveIt

Post by HaveIt »

christof1971 wrote:Price hasn't dropped here in Australia still around the $2965.00.

Well if there is a version 2 I'm pretty sure the new presets will be on Axial Website and we should get the new OS. But I have to say I do like the matte finish in the video
You can easily get it for $2,699 and it was published $100 less than that recently. Totally worth it at that price. There is a serious amount of electronics packed into it.
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

I would hazard Roland has done what they've often done, launched something more experimental and advanced than usual at a higher price, assuming a small initial market.

If sales take off, they can lower the price to accommodate a larger market for the product.

This is sales and marketing 101 for luxury goods, amazing that there is so much ignorance online about such basic things.
len73

Post by len73 »

Now that the 1.5 update has been released, any reason why the hardware would change (mat finish) ?

Does this already happened with roland in general, I mean hardware update ?

Anyone ?