Embarrassing to admit ...

Forum for the JD-XA.
zombietactics

Embarrassing to admit ...

Post by zombietactics »

I've been programming synthesizers for over 40 years, so it's embarrassing to admit that I cannot figure out how to assign aftertouch to control LFO pitch modulation for a digital part or tone. Just for grins, same question for analog part.

Either a) I am just can't figure this one out ... or
b) It's not possible?

Any assistance is appreciated.
trrstrl

Re: Embarrassing to admit ...

Post by trrstrl »

I haven't had any luck finding this on the digital part. For the analog section you go into menu, arrow to program, part, or tone edit (depending what you want affected): hit enter: arrow to matrix control 1. You can set your source for aftertouch, arrow over one more and you can set your destination. Seems strange that this wouldn't be available on the digital side also. You can assign aftertouch as a control source in the digital menu, but I don't see anywhere that you can apply that to anything. Menu: tone edit: enter: arrow to program control and select control source aftertouch from the cc values (but what does that do?). It looks like using the sequencer is the only way to do this other than real time tweaking. Strange.
cello

Post by cello »

Analogue

Tone edit/Matrix control1/Src = AFT (press minus button to get to it)
Press right arrow to get to Dest and then press plus button to select PIT-LFO1
Press right arrow and set Sens to +15
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

Sigh ... wish we had Matrix Control for the SuperNatural Synth section.
trrstrl

Post by trrstrl »

I agree. It is a strange omission. Jupiter 80 doesn't have one either. It has Tone Blender which is a kind of parameter randomiser. Really happy it is in the analog section at least.
JDBoy

Post by JDBoy »

Digital side has a specific Aftertouch setting in the menu (unlike the analog with the matrix control). It's in the common tone parameters I think.
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

JDBoy wrote:Digital side has a specific Aftertouch setting in the menu (unlike the analog with the matrix control). It's in the common tone parameters I think.
... and it can't control LFO modulation for DCO, Filter or Amp from what I can tell.
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

That's highly stupid...