Export JD-XA programs into JSON or XML

Forum for the JD-XA.
jbejarano

Export JD-XA programs into JSON or XML

Post by jbejarano »

Does anyone know if there is a utility (or hack) to export JD-XA programs into JSON or XML, or some other human-readable format?
zombietactics

Re: Export JD-XA programs into JSON or XML

Post by zombietactics »

The format of the raw data does not seem to make that very practicable, without a TON of trial/error to figure out a transliteration table from raw data to attribute/value pairs.

What's the final goal, and is it worth it?
jbejarano

Post by jbejarano »

zombietactics wrote:The format of the raw data does not seem to make that very practicable, without a TON of trial/error to figure out a transliteration table from raw data to attribute/value pairs.

What's the final goal, and is it worth it?
The final goal is really just to see what all makes up a program. There are so many controls, and hidden menu items, that sometime I even forget what all I put into one of my own programs, let alone a factory program or something on Axial.
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

jbejarano wrote:The final goal is really just to see what all makes up a program. There are so many controls, and hidden menu items, that sometime I even forget what all I put into one of my own programs, let alone a factory program or something on Axial.
I get your point. Having an editor is not necessary because of how many physical controls we have, but it would be handy to be able to SEE the position or value of each control, since the panel does not represent the current set of values, except for those controls which have been moved.
jbejarano

Post by jbejarano »

zombietactics wrote:
jbejarano wrote:The final goal is really just to see what all makes up a program. There are so many controls, and hidden menu items, that sometime I even forget what all I put into one of my own programs, let alone a factory program or something on Axial.
I get your point. Having an editor is not necessary because of how many physical controls we have, but it would be handy to be able to SEE the position or value of each control, since the panel does not represent the current set of values, except for those controls which have been moved.
Right. There are only so many times I can hold down the Exit button, and jiggle yet another control before I go stir crazy. And that's before even mentioning an ability to see all the things that have been changed vs. INIT PROGRAM, or some other program.