JD-XA AMP decay slider not working properly

Forum for the JD-XA.
Artmuzz

JD-XA AMP decay slider not working properly

Post by Artmuzz »

I bought a JD-XA about 10 months ago but I haven't been using it much. Anyway, I took it out the cupboard this evening but it was a bit dusty on the panels. I cleaned it up and switched it on only to find that the decay slider on the AMP section on the synths front panel doesn't work properly. When I adjust the slider the numbers on the display go crazy and jump up and down even when I am not touching the slider. Sometimes when I press down and put firm pressure on the slider when adjusting it adjusts the values as normal but other than that it isn"t working properly.

I don't know whether to phone my local music shop where I bought the JD-XA. I was wondering if the years guarantee I got would cover this.

Please advise.
zombietactics

Re: JD-XA AMP decay slider not working properly

Post by zombietactics »

Warranty Service.

DO NOT WAIT ON THIS. GET IT SUBMITTED ASAP.
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

...or first - try a factory reset.

Use the Cursor </> buttons to select “UTILITY,” and then press ENTER. Use the Cursor </> buttons to select “FACTORY RESET,” and then press ENTER. When completed, turn the power of the JD-XA off, then on again.

Who knows... it's been sitting around collecting dust for a long time... this might jump start it... without the hassle of sending it back.
Artmuzz

Post by Artmuzz »

I tried a factory reset but the problem still remains :(

I can still adjust the amp decay with no problems when using the menu editing and pressing the curser buttons when adjusting the level. It's only when I go directly to the slider that I run into problems with the amp decay value number jumping about like crazy. I don't know if dust has got caught in the slider and this is what is causing the problem because there was a lot of dust on the synth when I took it out the cupboard. I don't know whether to use electrical contact cleaner on this or send it back to my local music store and see what they say. I have 2 months left on the manufacturers warranty.

Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I adjust the amp attack slider it affects the decay slider too. also, the red bits around some of the the sliders seem loose and move about when I touch them.
Artmuzz

Post by Artmuzz »

Since I have 2 months left on my warranty, I sent my JD-XA back to my local music shop so they can send it back to Roland for repairs. Can anyone tell me how long does it take for Roland to repair synths and get back to my local music store?