Using the JD-XA to control external gear via MIDI

Forum for the JD-XA.
horisonten

Using the JD-XA to control external gear via MIDI

Post by horisonten »

https://youtu.be/zp9u77FFY_M

Thought I'd share how to use the JD-XA to control external gear via MIDI since I finally realized how to do it painlessly.

In the video (nothing special soundwise, just to show you that I finally succeeded) I have connected the MIDI Out from my JD-XA to the MIDI in on my EMX-1. On the EMX-1 I chose Synth Part 1-5 to react to MIDI Channels 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. The Drum part on the EMX-1 is channel 16 (it includes 8 drum parts which reacts to different notes on the keybed, and since the JD-XAs sequencer can record Poly-information I can sequence all drum parts on Channel 16s single sequencer, YAY!) This is only when MIDI CTRL is activated. When I exit the MIDI CTRL the JD-XAs parts are on MIDI Channels 1-8 = not sending any information to the EMX-1 except for what I recorded on channel 11-16s sequencers.

In this video all sounds are from the EMX-1, except the single arp that I tweak with the cutoff on the JD-XA. I have not inserted any information on the EMX-1 own sequencer, all MIDI information is sent out from the JD-XA.

Finally the EMX-1 (which is a superb sound engine) can be used and controlled painlessly from my JD-XA.