Split keyboard with arpreggiator on?

Forum for the JD-XA.
Sheshakesmyteeth

Split keyboard with arpreggiator on?

Post by Sheshakesmyteeth »

I want to split the keyboard into 4 parts and have an arpeggiator pattern going on just one of the split parts. Everything I have tried makes every part play to the arpeggiator. What is the one single dumb button I am forgetting to push? Thanks!
goldphinga

Re: Split keyboard with arpreggiator on?

Post by goldphinga »

Press and hold the arpeggio button. You'll see each parts 'on' button light up yellow. This denotes if the arp is on for each part. If it lights yellow that part will be arpeggiated. If off the arp wont affect the part. Turn a parts arp switch off, simply click and hold the arp button and hit any of the 'on' buttons that are lit yellow to turn it off. Once off the button will no longer be lit when the arp button is clicked and held. Oh and make sure the arp button is glowing red for the arp to be on (do this per part).
Sheshakesmyteeth

Post by Sheshakesmyteeth »

Thank you so much. This just opened up so much for me! Ill be back on when its time to find the dumb button that is holding me back from getting the seq going.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

I really wished it had a separate arp for each track (1-8) - would make this synth a powerful beast indeed! But alas it doesn't, though you can kinda mimic it somewhat with LFO's with sharp cutoffs on single notes with syncd timings.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Myrk- wrote:I really wished it had a separate arp for each track (1-8) - would make this synth a powerful beast indeed! But alas it doesn't, though you can kinda mimic it somewhat with LFO's with sharp cutoffs on single notes with syncd timings.
Yes, it would be nice to have ARP per Part.
This is one of the reasons I bought a MOXF! 4x completely independent ARPs, one for each performance part, and that can be output via MIDI, on 4 different MIDI channels to drive external synths/modules.

Oh well, I think we will never see that happening in Roland's products...