Help: No stereo effects or panning, but clicks and pops

Forum for the JD-XA.
darthvidar

Help: No stereo effects or panning, but clicks and pops

Post by darthvidar »

I just got my JD-XA and the first thing I noticed was how every patch was in mono. I tried to see if it could be the headphone jack, but it was the same problem when tapping the stereo line jacks.

Additionally, when I tried to create a sound from scratch, there was no sound. I discovered that I had to go into "program edit" or "Part edit and adjust the PAN level. If it was 0 there was no sound, the further I panned it to left or right, the louder the sound became, however, still mono (no difference of sound live on left vs. right).

It should also be mentioned, that if I turned up the delay or reverb, the sound appeared, but only the wet part of the sound. Somnehow the raw/dry signal is 'hiding' somewhere,

I also hear a lot of clicks and pops while I play, and many patches have such a low volume that even turning the volume to the max, they can barely be heard.

Not sure what to do. I did a factory reset on the synth, but there was no difference.

Help!
goldphinga

Re: Help: No stereo effects or panning, but clicks and pops

Post by goldphinga »

I'd try reinstalling the latest firmware from Roland's website and then do another factory reset. If that doesn't cure it then sounds like you have a faulty unit. Did you try with headphones?
darthvidar

Post by darthvidar »

thanks for the advice. I already tried all these tings and they had no effect... Calling my dealer...
prophonic

Post by prophonic »

definitely a defective unit. I hope you can get it replaced by your dealer.