External MIDI gear gets stuck notes with JD-XA as controller

Forum for the JD-XA.
darthvidar

External MIDI gear gets stuck notes with JD-XA as controller

Post by darthvidar »

When I use the JD-XA as a controller my external synth modules, I get stuck notes quite frequently (it usually takes less than 30 seconds of playing to get a stuck note).

This does not happen at all if I use my M-Audio Keystudio USB controller. (FYI. I'm using Ableton Live on Win 10)

I've tried to analyze the midi sent from the JD-XA using Midi-OX (windows) but it looks like nothing funny is going on (no ghost sustain pedal entries, all on-note events have a off-notes as well).

This happens both when I connect the external gear directly via Midi Out from the JD-XA and indirectly via JD-XA USB - to computer - to usb midi interface - to external gear).

This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the JD-XA's midi (out) implementation.

Anybody else with this problem?
FirstAxis

Re: External MIDI gear gets stuck notes with JD-XA as contro

Post by FirstAxis »

Check your MIDI Through settings on the JD-XA, and whether Ableton is sending back MIDI information to the JD-XA.
darthvidar

Post by darthvidar »

I'm afraid that isn't the source of the problem as stuck notes happens also when I connect the midi out (only) from the JD-XA to the external synth module...
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

I'll test this on mine tomorrow! Will let you know the results.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Sorry I completely forgot to reply! My bad.

I played for a few hours, using 3 different midi channels and 3 different instruments with no issues. You may have a faulty unit, as there are no settings to hold notes in such a way. Do you have any pedals or midi thru boxes or anything? Are you plugging a midi cable straight from the JD-XA midi output to the input of the device you want to control?