How do you adjust the Pitch Bend?

Forum for the JD-XA.
James Bond

How do you adjust the Pitch Bend?

Post by James Bond »

Hello everybody! I'm new to the world of the JD-XA (and the forum for that matter) so I've got a question that probably has a simple solution that I'm blinded by while I continue to learn the synth.

I've noticed on certain patches that moving the pitch bender all the way to the right (or left) will change the pitch by an octave (or two), but on other patches it will only raise/lower the pitch a whole tone when moved all the way to the right or left.

How do I change this? Let's say I found a really nice patch and want to use the bender to shift up an octave but it's default setting is just a whole tone bend. I checked the parameters guide and it seems to tell me how to do it for the mod wheels but not the bender. Is it the same process?
Jdoo

Re: How do you adjust the Pitch Bend?

Post by Jdoo »

Wheel 1 and the bender by default are both tied to Part-Tone-Bend Range values I believe. In the Parameter Guide... search Bend Range D, and you'll find all the places you can assign / adjust these. However -- the TONE Edit menu, is where you set the ranges... for both Digital and Analog parts.
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

The easiest way is to just hold the SHIFT button and move the pitchbend lever left or right to set the lower and upper range in semitones, up to 2 octaves each way.
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

Thank you both for the replies! The "shift" option seems like the simple solution I was looking for.
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

just bear in mind that you need to do it for each part - can't seem to just select all the parts then do it once.
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

OneOfManyPauls wrote:The easiest way is to just hold the SHIFT button and move the pitchbend lever left or right to set the lower and upper range in semitones, up to 2 octaves each way.
Man-o-man... Thanks! I've been menu diving for these. Thanks Paul!
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Ditto, that shift function has changed the game! Soloing is gunna be fun... :D