JD-XA Librarian

Forum for the JD-XA.
alfa_2601

JD-XA Librarian

Post by alfa_2601 »

What can I do when I read:
unable to read/write data.
Choose “help - JD-Librarian Manual”, and refer to “6. If the display indicate “Unable to read/write data.”
Where is the "6 in the manual?
Jdoo

Re: JD-XA Librarian

Post by Jdoo »

alfa_2601 wrote:What can I do when I read:
unable to read/write data.
Choose “help - JD-Librarian Manual”, and refer to “6. If the display indicate “Unable to read/write data.”
Where is the "6 in the manual?
I'd get that a lot too, especially if I am doing other things on my Mac, while reading or writing a bunch. I posted about it earlier, but here is how I get around it.
- with the Librarian loaded.. I will choose the Setup / Set Up Midi Devices menu option. This launches the dialogue for setting up MIDI devices. It should already be setup for the JD-XA for Input and Output.. just hit OK. Often just opening this dialogue and hitting OK will make the connection to the Librarian wake up and start working. If not… I select the same menu option, but change the Input to (none) and hit OK. Then re-open it… and select Input JD-XA. This will often be all that it takes to fix flakey connectivity between my JD-XA and my Mac. Important though… It takes two seconds to just open this dialogue and hit ok. I do this ALL THE TIME while working with the Librarian. It’s second nature. It shouldn’t be necessary. On the other hand, this is the only recurring problem I have with the Librarian, and two second menu selection doesn’t outweigh the benefits of having a Librarian to organize my Programs, Sets, Patches..

Link: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=52254&p=295373&hil ... an#p295373