okSequencer for macOS

Forum for the JD-XA.
oli

okSequencer for macOS

Post by oli »

I have taken the sequencer from the JD-Xi patch editor and made a much more capable standalone application which automatically connects to any and all Synths available on a computer. Synths with built in sequencers will benefit most from this especially JD-Xi, JD-XA and System-8. Connect them all at the same time plus some Korg Volcas and make some noise.

for more info goto http://www.okdev.org
Jdoo

Re: okSequencer for macOS

Post by Jdoo »

>> it works <<

Very nice. It recognized my JD-XA right away...without the need for setting anything up? I pressed Play... and the Close Encounters sequence started playing with what i had loaded on Analog Part 1 (current patch). Hopefully it will record full chords, etc... like the JD-XA is capable of playing in a SEQ...

Add an editor for the 8 parts (like you've done for the 'XI) -- and you will fill a void / need that is sorely missing with the JD-XA.

Anyway - thanks for this!

Joe
oli

Post by oli »

Working on polyphony. The framework is there, its just hard to keep it simple and easy to use.
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

Hi Oli

Thanks for your work on this.

As somebody who knows far more than me about the tech stuff, do you think it is possible, via a firmware update, for Roland to chain patterns and maybe add pattern length on the JDXA, internally. Or is it an impossible dream?
tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 »

This looks great, but why is it only compatible with Sierra (OS 10.12)? That's a deal breaker for those of us who haven't upgraded to Sierra because of compatibility issues with other software. Is there some compelling reason why okSequencer isn't backwards compatible with pre-Sierra operating systems?