JX-DA too noisy?

Forum for the JD-XA.
Novaliz

JX-DA too noisy?

Post by Novaliz »

I am new into hardware synthesizers and think that the JX-DA is very noisy. When using the compressor effect it is quite obvious.

So my question is: Are hardware synthesizers, especially analog ones, normally that noisy?
Jdoo

Re: JX-DA too noisy?

Post by Jdoo »

The compressor effect is indeed noisy on the JD-XA. Are you using it, just to boost the levels? If so, there are usually other ways to skin that cat
Novaliz

Post by Novaliz »

I have connected the synth via my focusrite audio interface. When I want to get a mixed volume level compared to my VSTs it get noisy. Not much as using the compressor but still audible. When I use an external compressor to play with the sound it gets louder too.
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

I'm guessing you already have adjusted the Amp volumes for all the parts already? If so - there are other ways.. If I have spare parts available - I will sometimes double the part (copy it to a spare location). You can also try boosting EQ on the parts. There are other things available..
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

I get less noise going via usb audio, but you will likely need to increase the output level using SYSTEM > SOUND > OUTPUT GAIN.