System 8 in your JD-XA?

Forum for the JD-XA.
ndaustin

Re: System 8 in your JD-XA?

Post by ndaustin »

Jdoo... A huge thank you for posting these sounds. I have too much software and equipment which distracts me from actually working on synth sounds, so this has breathed new life into my JDXA, enabling a new wave of creativity. :)
FirstAxis

Post by FirstAxis »

This collection is pretty awesome! The TB303 patches sound cool, essentially I now have a TB3 in the JD-XA, with envelopes, with effects, with an analog filter ... having fun :).
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

Thanks guys.

This weekend... I started prepping my wife for the inevitable purchase of the Boutique D-05. This process, typically involves a few months of "these are bits, I really need..." :) There are probably only a dozen tones I really was looking to add -- (dang Woody, and his videos... had me sold on the Soundtrack preset, and a few others). Then it struck me... that I thought I had seen the D-50 tones in an Integra set for the FA-06. Yes! Thanks to a great video by Ed Diaz... those sounds were available, and easily loaded up. In fact, I already had them tucked away on an SD Card in my FA-06.

But the JD-XA? Well.. that too. The JD-XA zip I posted a few months ago, also has the Roland D-50 patches in it. Those were also, already sitting on a USB drive... ready to go.

So ... the D-50 critical tones (for me), are covered. There are less than 20, but they are the important ones. The JD-XA, if you have an expression mapped the right way, actually does some of what the joystick does (morphing between the tones) - at least it feels that way.

Anyway - there is also a portion of the new Roland D-05 in your JD-XA.. in case you havent discovered (or like in my case -- forgot about it).

Cheers..

Joe
Venn Diagram

Post by Venn Diagram »

Jdoo wrote:Thanks guys.

This weekend... I started prepping my wife for the inevitable purchase of the Boutique D-05. This process, typically involves a few months of "these are bits, I really need..." :)

Joe
I used to own 2 D550's and use the V-Synth with a VC-1 Card but the D-05 looks tempting as I can't use both the V-Synth Engine and the VC-1 card at the same time. Let us all know how the prepping comes along :D.
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

Venn Diagram wrote:
Jdoo wrote:Thanks guys.

This weekend... I started prepping my wife for the inevitable purchase of the Boutique D-05. This process, typically involves a few months of "these are bits, I really need..." :)

Joe
I used to own 2 D550's and use the V-Synth with a VC-1 Card but the D-05 looks tempting as I can't use both the V-Synth Engine and the VC-1 card at the same time. Let us all know how the prepping comes along :D.
LOL Oscar :)

Well.. I don't know what I'm missing, regarding the D-50 - having never owned one. There are those few patches (Soundtrack, Calliope, Filtered Brass, Nylon Atmosphere...) that are super tone-rich. Running those through my BigSky... there is just some incredible richness that is billowing out from the 'XA. I know I've mapped Filter Cutoff to my expression pedal, but there is something else happening in the partials that make up some of these patches - that seem to be morphing these patches as if I was pushing the D-50 joystick from pan flute, through the brass-strings ( listeningto Nylon Atmosphere for example). I'll try and snag a quick mp3