OS 1.6 update requests

Forum for the JD-XA.
saturn

OS 1.6 update requests

Post by saturn »

IF roland ever releases another os update, here are a few things i would like to see:

- shift + volume or portamento to scroll through the menu!!!

- filter calibration routine!

- option for resetting envelopes in poly stack
(now the attack starts always at the current amount of the release)

- monophonic AND free running lfos for the analog part (synced but not key-synced)
(now only the mod lfo and the digital lfos are synced)

- random voice detune for analog and digital parts
(every note has a random pitch)

- delay parameter for the envelopes
(very usefull for layered sounds)

- "analog feel" parameter for the analog part
(can be done with random lfo and pitch, but would free up an lfo)

- legato "portamento mode" for the analog part

- "rate control" for the mod lfo in the analog part

- amp "key follow" for the analog part

- chord memory

- pwm routable to envelope (juno style)
saturn

Re: OS 1.6 update requests

Post by saturn »

if analog dry out is used, the analog part should be muted from the main out!
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

I'd also like to see increased sources and destinations for the analog mod matrix - especially filter envelope as a source, and things like filter resonance and envelope stages as destinations.

Ditto the LFO on destinations.

Something that would seem to help a lot of new users, would be if there was an easy way to "OMNI" the jd-xa for input and output on one midi channel via both USB and DIN. I know we can do Remote Kbd for the input side, but that's DIN only at present.
saturn

Post by saturn »

safe fx presets
fx copy function
OneOfManyPauls

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

LFO waveform phase control would be nice
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

It's really a shame that SuperNatural patches cannot have LFO Pitch Modulation controlled via aftertouch. This would be top of my list, as well as an overall expansion of modulation source/amount/destination routings like the Prophet8 or DeepMind12 have.
horisonten

Post by horisonten »

Tempo knob = Half, true and double tempo when slaved
Since the 8 bar sequencer won't become reality due to hardware limitations, I wish for the tempo knob to work like on the Minibrute when slaved to a midi clock. All the way counter clockwise half tempo, in the middle true tempo, all the way clockwise double tempo. This way there would be a little bit more room for creativeness on the sequencer side of things.
mpraet

Post by mpraet »

And one hell of a editor VST ,every flagship has one ✊
HaveIt

Post by HaveIt »

Hope fading for another OS update ...

Step sequencer should be awesome but I have difficulty getting great lines out of it. It needs knob modulation per step and it just doesn't work that well. In comparison, brilliant lines come out of the TB-03 all the time.

I have hardware sequencer options but the JD-XA promises this built in.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I was in contact with Roland tech support last week and I posed the question regarding a new XA update.

He said there is nothing in the pipeline yet, but it may see a new OS version at some point in its lifetime!
saturn

Post by saturn »

WhatThe wrote:I was in contact with Roland tech support last week and I posed the question regarding a new XA update.

He said there is nothing in the pipeline yet, but it may see a new OS version at some point in its lifetime!
i hope they're reading some forums and the next update includes more than just one new copy function and some measly patches :D
HaveIt

Post by HaveIt »

WhatThe wrote:I was in contact with Roland tech support last week and I posed the question regarding a new XA update.

Standard answer :(
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

saturn wrote:

i hope they're reading some forums and the next update includes more than just one new copy function and some measly patches :D
Typical for Roland to drop their old flagships by the wayside and move on to the next!
If Roland drops interest and support for the JDXA this fast is just mind blowing.........but that is Roland and they never learn from their past mistakes as far as support or commitment to their customers......oh well watcha gonna do? You can't force common sense on a corporation?
blewis_13

Post by blewis_13 »

Sequencer restart on key press. Otherwise we're all full of it saying the gimped sequencer is a modulation source. One small feature addition and suddenly the super powerful, but tragically gimped sequencer has a justifiable excuse (other than "sketch pad")
glynbo

Post by glynbo »

Digital part waveshape a destination for modulation, also why have such a usefull sound function hidden away! Makes no sense Roland.