Please help me with aftertouch

Forum for the JD-XA.
belfagor72

Please help me with aftertouch

Post by belfagor72 »

How to disable aftertouch for entire program?

Thanks in advance!
OneOfManyPauls

Re: Please help me with aftertouch

Post by OneOfManyPauls »

I don't think there''s a single option to do that for all parts in one go - as far as I'm aware, you'd need to go into each part and check/disable aftertouch routing

First step:
Check if SYS1-4 are acting as proxies for aftertouch elsewhere:
Menu - Program Edit - SHIFT+ > to PROGRAM CTRL and check the sources of Ctrl Src1-4 to see if any are being used as proxies for aftertouch. If they are, make a note of them - you could also change the src to OFF if you wanted.

Analog:
Menu - tone edit - then SHIFT + > to "Matrix Ctrl1-4" and see if any have AFT as a source, or if they have indirect aftertouch via SYS1-4 matching the Ctrl Src1-4 from above. If they have, then you can either set the source to OFF, or set the Sens1-4 to 0 for any destinations for that matrix slot.

Digital:
menu - tone edit - SHIFT+ > to "AFTERTOUCH" - set cutoff sens =0 and level sens=0
If there are more than 1 digital parts in the program, you can select them all at once and do the above just once

FX:
menu - effects edit - SHIFT+> to "MFX CTRL1" and check Src1-4 for AFT or a proxy SYS1-4, then either change the relevant sources to OFF or change the destination sens1-4 levels to 0.