Global Reverb does almost nothing

Forum for the JD-XA.
Duplobaustein

Global Reverb does almost nothing

Post by Duplobaustein »

Hi!

I have an XA now and am quite happy, but one thing I struggled over ist the global reverb. In general I like the effects structure, but I turned the global reverb part send to 127, the reverb level to 127 and the length to 7sec and still there is almost no reverb. The patch should be drowned in reverb which such settings. What am I doing wrong? :)
saturn

Re: Global Reverb does almost nothing

Post by saturn »

Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

saturn wrote:check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=50453&hilit=reverb#p287745
+1 This post by Ron, is in the BKMs doc too (including setting up Global Reverb as part of your "Init" patch. I had forgot about it, until you asked... That is - once setup, it's part of all your patches automatically . Latest BKMs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lulmdbfsp2xs2 ... .docx?dl=0

j
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Thanks, this is an awesome document!

However I set both the part send and the reverb level to 127 and still there was almost no reverb. I'll give it a try next time, maybe I did something wrong.
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Hm, I probably didn't get the part send right in the first place. Now it is more reverb and probably will work out for most of the cases, but at settings like 127 Send, 127 Level, Hall 2 algo and 7 sec Time, the part should be drowned in reverb, not to be recognized. So if I need heavy reverbration, then I porbably need to take the MFX. For most Programs it will work out I think.

Roland probably won't fix that ever, because it would affect all of the existing presets.
HaveIt

Post by HaveIt »

I've only gotten into the effects recently and I agree the reverb is a mild effect, suitable for most keyboard work but not an Eventide Space. The FX chain is a fix strange. Global reverb first (individual send amounts) then 2 x TFX which are very cutdown and basic then delay on the end without individual send amounts. Pretty strange. I haven't found a use for the TFX, they are just too cutdown in parameters to be useful for me.

But you can chain a digital part through its MFX then into an analog and its MFX. This seems more interesting. Levels are touchy to avoid distortion but workable.