Mellotron / Chamberlin Patches

Forum for the JD-XA.
saturn

Mellotron / Chamberlin Patches

Post by saturn »

hey guys, had a little fun at sunday evening, trying to emulate some mellotron and chamberlin sounds with the jdxa. well it wasn't easy with the wavefoms available and i had to abuse the eq quite a lot to give them some presence. some patches came out fine, others not :( but some of the strings are certainly useable :)
Attachments
Saturn Chamberlin.zip
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Saturn Mellotron.zip
(16.42 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
saturn

Re: Mellotron / Chamberlin Patches

Post by saturn »

with a new synth i use to reproduce sounds i like from songs, movies or patches from other synths. gives me a good feeling for what they're capable of or not. i also started to reproduce some jx3p patches. maybe i will upload them too if they're ready. next will be the d50, because one reason i bought the jdxa was to replace the d50 which sounds wonderful and very warm for a digital synth, but it's such a drag to program compared to something like the jdxa.
o.durmusoglu

Post by o.durmusoglu »

I didnt know what Mellotron is but found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzxBv-ZMrM

Respected
saturn

Post by saturn »

mellotron, chamberlin, optigan and orchestron were basically the first samplers. mellotron and chamberlin were using tapes, the optigan and orchestron an optical disc system. i was always fascinated by them.
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Could you post some examples of those patches. :)
saturn

Post by saturn »

sorry i'm in the middle of rearranging my studio and can't record properly right now. and i'm a bad keyboard player anyway hehe so why not just put it on a stick and try it out? :)