Arpeggio not working when receiving MIDI notes?

Forum for the JD-XA.
horisonten

Arpeggio not working when receiving MIDI notes?

Post by horisonten »

Am I missing something, or is it not possible to use the internal arpeggio when triggering it's sound engine with external midi notes..?
GilgaFrank

Re: Arpeggio not working when receiving MIDI notes?

Post by GilgaFrank »

The arpeggiator only works for the MIDI in, not USB MIDI.

Details in this thread, including official word from Roland upport.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=53625
horisonten

Post by horisonten »

Thanks for that!
So in other words I can not use the XA's key bed and achieve this at the same time.
GilgaFrank

Post by GilgaFrank »

The arpeggiator works either from the JD-XA keybed or from the MIDI IN socket with Remote Kbd switched on in the System menu, not over USB.

This is contrary to what the manual states but believe me, I have spent a long time investigating it! I strongly suspect this is a bug rather than by design.

Fortunately you can send MIDI clock over USB and still use the arpeggiator via MIDI IN.
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

GilgaFrank wrote:The arpeggiator works either from the JD-XA keybed or from the MIDI IN socket with Remote Kbd switched on in the System menu, not over USB.

This is contrary to what the manual states but believe me, I have spent a long time investigating it! I strongly suspect this is a bug rather than by design.

Fortunately you can send MIDI clock over USB and still use the arpeggiator via MIDI IN.
Yep just came across this today if I understood you correctly .. was trying to sync the arpeggiator to my DAW (Live9) and JDXA in slave mode wont take any sync message through MIDI in , despite selecting that option through the control menu.. but it does accept sync through USB when you select that as the input? Very strange