Modulating Digital Part Cutoff with Wheel 2

Forum for the JD-XA.
mackcmillion

Modulating Digital Part Cutoff with Wheel 2

Post by mackcmillion »

Hey folks,

I've been a proud owner of the JD-XA for some weeks now. But one issue really bothers me:

Is it possible to modulate the filter cutoff of a digital part with wheel 2, but not from 0 to 127 but, say, only from 50 to 80, or even inversely, from 80 to 50?

This is easy for the analog part where you can simply use the modulation matrix. And it's also easy to modulate from 0 to 127 by just assigning e.g. CC102 to wheel 2.

I'm really confused that I can't find out how to do this since it was such an easy thing to do with my previous synth, the Nord Lead A1.

Thanks for any help on this :)

Cheers,
Max
PaleSkinnySwede

Re: Modulating Digital Part Cutoff with Wheel 2

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

I've just tried to do this, but haven't succeeded. Sorry. Having a program update to the JD-XA where you'd get a similar type of modulation and morphing that the Nord Lead series has; the modulation wheel can control multiple parameters and also a limited amount (like a built i VCA for that controller) e.g. That's be something! And since I find the JD-XA to be a great live performance instrument, this type of control would take it to a whole new level.
Duplobaustein

Re: Modulating Digital Part Cutoff with Wheel 2

Post by Duplobaustein »

This is a real bummer on the XA. You have those two wheels plus the stick and you can't really do anything with it in the digital part. And yes, I also really miss at least the oportunity to modulate from a specific CC to a specific CC. So Cutoff from 25 to 78 for example. It's always the full sweep.