I love my Roland JD-XA bud my USB say Error

Forum for the JD-XA.
Organplayer

I love my Roland JD-XA bud my USB say Error

Post by Organplayer »

Hi i am Rob i com from Holland.
I am new on this site, because i also have now a Roland JD-XA Synthesizer, and i hope that i can learn something on this site, because sometimes it is not so easy to work with a synthesizer.

The first problem i have now.

I hope somebody can help me with my problem.

I am A proud owner Of The JD-XA Synth i have it now 3 days and wow the sound is really good.

Bud Now i want make a backup from the instrument , to change the sound inside , and before that i want a backup from all the files in the machine.

When i try to Format a USB stick the JD-XA say USB Error and the USB stick i can not Format,

I try different USB sticks and the all say the same.

Now i read in the Manual that Roland say sometimes other USB sticks not work in this machine , ( I not believe that but you never know, That is why i ask this question here on this site )

I Contact the store already but the owner of the store not know it and must contact Roland, before he can answer me.

Here on this site are many JD-XA Owners and i want to ask somebody of the know what the problem is.

I have 3 years Guarantee on this machine i am happy now i buy it complete new,

but i hope there is noting wrong with this machine because, i want to play and not sent it back that takes some days before you have it back .

I hope somebody can help me on this site i will be thankful to you.

I read many text on this site and wow i really can learn a lot here of this machine. Thanks all for that.

It is better to learn from somebody else that is much easier as a Manual.

Re-grads Rob
Organplayer

Re: I love my Roland JD-XA bud my USB say Error

Post by Organplayer »

I not find out what the problem is i call To Roland and the also not can help me i think the JD-XA is broken and i bring it back to the store.

The synth get more problems and more problems , speakers also make plof sounds sometimes . and the last when i turn the machine on the sequencer walks , and i can not stop it whatever i did.

I think this machine have big problems and i bring it back, now i buy the Roland JD-XI wow this is a complete different synth, small keys but i also buy a korg krome with many good sounds in it but also as midi keyboard for my JD-XI

to have bigger keys and more keys.

Wow this little synth is a beast i love it and aslo the vocoder wow so good.

and a with collar for reading the text better.

i hope i am done now The Jd-XA was really broken i think a software problem but you can not play on it.

Rob
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

It's a pity that you didn't have luck with your JD-XA. As much as I love both instruments, the JD-Xi is definitely not a JD-XA in a desktop format - the only thing they have in common is the JD prefix and the black/red livery.
jteir

Post by jteir »

I have also had similar problems with the USB port on my JD-XA. It seems to be very sensitive to USB sticks. The first two USB sticks I tried just gave error messages when I tried to format the stick or backup the JD-XA. By then I was convinced that there was a problem with the USB memory port on my JD-XA, because I had never used the port previously. But the third USB stick I tried worked without any problems! The difference was even visible, because the LEDs on the first two USB sticks kept flashing when plugged to the JD-XA, but the LED on the third stick had a continuous light on when plugged into the JD-XA.