Key Touch REAL Problem

Forum for the JD-XA.
DWareham02

Key Touch REAL Problem

Post by DWareham02 »

I want my keyboard to feel and be like a real piano. If you touch the keys liglhtly.... soft volume. If you pound on them .... You get increase louder volume. This is what I want... but my JD-XA is just one volume no matter the keystoke intensity.

Right now my JD-XA is set to REAL on the SYSTEM menu but I just get one volume no matter how hard or soft the key is stroked. Ugh... I'm working on some songs that need the REAL feel of a piano keybaord

Is there a way to change it. I followed the manual, but I get no REAL Feel to the keyboard.. just one volume with the SYSTEM>Key Touch set to REAL.

Help is needed. Can any one instruct me how to change it for the entire keyboard or even just one program setting or how to change a programs key touch setting to be REAL?

Thanks in advance....
zombietactics

Re: Key Touch REAL Problem

Post by zombietactics »

Quite a few of the factory programs have velocity and/or aftertouch sensitivity. If you are not getting that kind of response on anything, then your JD-XA is either defective or someone has messed up the configuration.

I'd recommend doing a factory reset to restore it to "original" condition. If it still exhibits the same no-touch-response behavior ... it's defective and needs to be repaired or replaced.
zibbe

Post by zibbe »

I'm having the same issue. No matter what settings I use the velocity remains the same. I have it set on 'real' I even tried another velocity sensitive keyboard connected through midi. Still the same. I Have factory reset it and have the latest 1.52 firmware installed but still no joy. Anybody else have this problem?
zibbe

Post by zibbe »

I found the solution... Hold down shift and tweak the Amp level knob to the right of the filter section. Look at your display window at the same time and you'll be able to see your setting (0-127). hit the keys and readjust to your satisfaction then hit save and enter. This is for anyone else who might need to know. It's not really obvious and it isn't in the manual.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Thanks zibbe! I had never paid much attention to the velocity sensitivity of the patches and, yes, the sensitivity was turned way down. I did find this listed in the manual under keyboard shortcuts but as you say, this is really not obvious. I have the overlays on my board in which the shift functions are noted in reduced font below the main function so maybe in the future I'll be able to remember.