Transferring sounds newbie question

Forum for the JD-XA.
maxtor154

Transferring sounds newbie question

Post by maxtor154 »

Firstly hello to everyone I hope I can offer advise as time goes by.
I have recently purchased a JD XA and the first thing I did was update the firmware to 1.50 which opened up (after factory reset) 256 new sounds.
I installed librarian software to my PC in the hope I can transfer some Jupiter and Juno sounds but I'm lost. I installed the drivers and connected the JD XA ok.

This is as far as I got. Could someone please give me an idiots guide to transferring over new sounds as I'm lost and it's not sinking in. I can't suss out how and how I designate which bank they'll go to and were. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
maxtor154

Re: Transferring sounds newbie question

Post by maxtor154 »

Does no one know how to ? I'm stuck and the online videos don't help much
thank you
humax

Post by humax »

Once you've got your JD-XA plugged to a computer via MIDI (either JD-XA's usb or another way) you need to launch JD-XA librarian software and specify your JD-XA MIDI input/output connection in the Setup/Setup MIDI Devices... Then if you have .xal file downloaded from Roland Axial you have to open it in the Librarian software first so you'll see it as a new window appeared on the top of the existed default one called "Main". So now you can chose any patch from those in the new window by a mouse double click. If everything works properly you should get a small windows on your computer screen showing a running progress bar as well as a message "Writing Temporary". At the same time a message "PC Mode Panel Locked" comes up on the JD-XA display. All that means that the patch is being uploaded into volatile RAM of the JD-XA so if you either switch the synth to another patch from its panel or turn the main power off this newly uploaded patch will be gone. So if like the uploaded patch you must store it first in either internal patch memory of the JD-XA or external USB drive in way described in the JD-XA user's manual.

If you have some patches stored as single ProgXX.SVQ+ProgXX.SVD files then you need just to copy them to either one of the folders /PRGRAM/A-P on a USB stick that was previously formatted with the JD-XA.

That's all.

Hope this helps.
maxtor154

Post by maxtor154 »

Thank you all sorted, much appreciated :)